NBN Spring Gathering

Polly

37 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Polly 

we wont be there on the 17th but will try and make the c in c please let me know what time they intend to leave Malthouse Broad 

See previous post Simon, always said taxi drivers didn' t take notice of signs LOL. 10.30 see you then

Tony

Sorry for the late response to this but there has been a few last minute changes and cancellations going on. So if you could put down Trixie for Saturday at Salhouse, Jill and Simon and then probably I will arrive Saturday afternoon by car with Andy (LondonLad) and Shiela.

My Mum will be bringing the Genset, PA speaker and some lights..Oh and the 'NBN Banner' - not quite the usual set up as I would have wished but better than nothing and certainly wanted to not let this be a missed year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Malanka and I will be at Malthouse Friday night and then CinCing to Salhouse, can’t promise cupcakes like last time but hey ho. Staying over and enjoying catching up with everyone then staying floating until the following Saturday then schlepping back in Millie. 

See you all soon 

M

• Like 2

Updated. I have raised the issue of the Goose Guano on Ranworth Island and have hopes that they might run the mower over the mooring for us, no promises, so bring a doormat!

Can anyone help with the party tent? It needs to go to Salhouse and back from the Richardson Wet Shed. It is small enough to sit on a cabin top but very heavy to lift, like say a medium weight person.

Forum Meet (Autosaved).xlsx

Edited by Polly

It was a funny old day yesterday! My mate with whom I lodge had an epileptic fit (to use it's old fashioned name) and gave himself a rather nasty gash on his bonce. 

I took him to A&E and they've kept him in. He is the carer to his 90 year old mother and not surprisingly she went into meltdown. so for the moment I'm looking after her.

My mate expects to be discharged today, but if he isn't, I might be delayed coming to the meet as I'm not going to leave here until I'm sure stability has been restored. 

• Thanks 1

What a kind and gentle soul you are my friend. 

Hopefully your friend returns patched up and we will see you on Friday. Oh and get that boat washed, saw it a couple of weeks ago and couldn’t read the reg numbers........

M

• Haha 1

Whooo hooo!  Good news! 

I have just been talking with Kelly, the Ranger who says there is another event at the Broad on Saturday from 10 to 3. This is the 50th Birthday of the Great Hoveton Nature Trail.

There will be a steel band, probably playing as we come in ...cool?

There are exhibitions from various and a Dog Water Rescue demo. there is also a ferry running across to the Reserve and a coffee trailer, which is a new feature at the broad.

We still get our preferred mooring at the bottom of the hill there and can put our tentage on the flat bit as we decided after last year.

I have paid £10 per boat so will collect that on Sat PM.

Robin, I think that gives us a bit of leeway on setting up our music for later, and I have called Sally and Richard to say the timings no longer work for them, they will give us extra time next year instead.

• Like 3

Bit of an update. My friend (Rufus) has been kept in hospital, and will be there for at least another 2 days. Even if he comes home Thu or Fri, I shall need to be here to do my bit. So with much regret, I shall not make the meet. :-(  dammit but there it is. I hope to get on the boat next week or the week after. Hope to see some of you then.

• Sad 5

On 13/05/2019 at 14:47, Polly said:

Robin, I think that gives us a bit of leeway on setting up our music for later, and I have called Sally and Richard to say the timings no longer work for them, they will give us extra time next year instead. 

I think I need to ask Simon to bring his Guitar then..