Herbies

Bob48

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Yep, free for hire craft. I agree, good value for 10 quid, they've re done all the Quay headings, all facilities, safe secure mooring and very helpful yard staff :91_thumbsup:

Edit 

Sorry, just seen Lady V's post, mmmm , 20 is a bit dear maybe....

I must confess these days there seems to be little that attracts us to Potter apart from 3RR day, then a safe mooring out of sight of those pointy things is a must. Lathams just doesn't seem the same anymore, the tat has got much tattier. The Broadshaven was never a must visit destination, and although the reopening as Norada is preferable to seeing it closed, it is no more than a lunchtime pint or two stop for us. The best thing about Potter is actually a short walk away from the river The Falgate, however £20 for an overnight mooring when Womack and The KA, or The Lion at Thurne are so close seems very hard to justify.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

The pub I found far to dark.

Norada presumably! True, they are trying to make a go of it so hats off to them for that. Mrs Nog loves the tat, but yes, 20 would be steep for a private, even to escape the pointy bits!!! :default_icon_e_biggrin:

34 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I wonder if WRC will follow suit and charge privateers whilst hire boats will go free. Surely the fish and chip shop is worth the twenty quid?

Yeah that is an interesting one given that they have a hirefleet. I guess perhaps hirers will be able to moor for free where their fleet is kept, but not in the basin?

Not as expensive as "Walk Ashore" overnight in Lymington. But there again Potter is not Lymington. 

The Broads are still very good value.  I think The Rising Sun ( now it is part of The Recruiting Sergeant family) it's setting and loads of free mooring compares with the best The Thames has to offer or any of our inland waterways as a place for a "run ashore"

Above "Potter" above "Wroxham" and above "Beccles" are really the jewels of The Broads.

11 hours ago, Wonderwall said:

How much would a privateer charge to allow a hirer to spend a night in their moorings?

This topic has been discussed many times and it’s generally considered to be a ‘no-no’ for a variety of reasons. I can’t remember when the last discussion was but I expect someone can.

23 minutes ago, vanessan said:

This topic has been discussed many times and it’s generally considered to be a ‘no-no’ for a variety of reasons. I can’t remember when the last discussion was but I expect someone can.

Despite such a list of no-no's I have twice managed to 'swap' my privately rented (non marina) mooring on the Waveney short term for one 'up north'.

It gives us a chance to have an extended cruise without doing that long slog across Breydon and up the Yare every time.

Having your boat at a different start point for a month certainly enhances your season. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Despite such a list of no-no's I have twice managed to 'swap' my privately rented (non marina) mooring on the Waveney short term for one 'up north'.

It gives us a chance to have an extended cruise without doing that long slog across Breydon and up the Yare every time.

Having your boat at a different start point for a month certainly enhances your season. 

I’m sure there will always be the exception, a privately rented mooring would have a lot more going for it in that respect. If there are others able to do so (and are willing), perhaps there could be some sort of register for members on this forum?