Don’t Get Me Started.

10 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

As a youngster I was warned that to much erheming would lead to deafness!

Or was it blindness?

No, it was forgetfulness !

Seriously though, Hot rods ain't new, even on the public highway. For all of you saying "I didn't do that in my youth", there are many who did. In their day cars were unaffordable but megaphone exhausts on motorbikes were not that rare. I don't know what preceded Teddy-boys, but they,  Mods & Rockers, Skinheads etc etc were all known for their kindness to the general public and respect for the law.

Listening to you all going on about youth today is like listening to my grandfather, and he would have admitted that it was like him listening to his. Nothing has really changed Youngsters having fun and their elders moaning about it. The only kid who never upset his parents was Adam!

10 hours ago, dnks34 said:

wonder what the boy racers will do when we are forced to go electric!!!

Don't worry, they'll still find some way of getting a buzz! 

• Like 5

Just built up areas then. Every were else ok for the little boys to play with their loud toys. Living in Salhouse through the village and down Norwich road you would think the TT races have moved venue sometimes, what about the respect and understanding ??

John

2 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Every were else ok for the little boys to play with their loud toys.

Like when crossing Breydon!!

Got to say that when moored by Beccles or St Olaves bridges I do find the

whine of whatever roaring across the bridge & marshes somewhat annoying but it soon passes!!

Oh how I used to gun the motor on my Honda Fifty twin engined moped!!

• Haha 1

we live on a main road so used ti normal road noise but ob a sunny Sunday morning bikes with no baffles drives us mad 😠 no consideration for people who live in the village speed well most do 60 in a forty so they can hear there ehausts go do it on the m25. Better still fall off !! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

we live on a main road so used ti normal road noise but ob a sunny Sunday morning bikes with no baffles drives us mad 😠 no consideration for people who live in the village speed well most do 60 in a forty so they can hear there ehausts go do it on the m25. Better still fall off !! 

Before I sold it my Fireblade had an exhaust with a removable baffle, it sounded awesome, although I used to be out on country roads not built up areas in fairness.

Wishing bikers would just fall off is a bit extreme though DF, they are people still that aren't cocooned within a protective shell, not some expendable piece of rubbish that can be merely disregarded.

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Listening to you all going on about youth today is like listening to my grandfather, and he would have admitted that it was like him listening to his. Nothing has really changed Youngsters having fun and their elders moaning about it. The only kid who never upset his parents was Adam!

LMAO!!!!!!😂😂😂😂

42 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

We live on a relatively new estate on the outskirts of Northampton, where a twenty mph limit is in place, that is largely ignored by everyone regardless of their age.

Surely consideration for others is lacking in all areas of our society and every age group.  Are we saying that everyone who speeds on the Broads is young?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

LMAO!!!!!!😂😂😂😂

We live on a relatively new estate on the outskirts of Northampton, where a twenty mph limit is in place, that is largely ignored by everyone regardless of their age.

Surely consideration for others is lacking in all areas of our society and every age group.  Are we saying that everyone who speeds on the Broads is young?

Agreed.  Everyone seems entitled to do exactly what they want, and to hell with the needs of others ! And yes, it't not just the young.

• Like 1

How old do I have to become to get this grumpy :default_smiley-angelic002:.

My biggest moan about yoofs is the snowflakes, too scared to try anything and too frightened that they may offend someone.

I wonder which group will produce our future great leaders and Warriors ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diesel falcon said:

This makes my chosen punishment of sending offenders to a middle eastern country to be dealt with harshly seem quite reasonable!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

Agreed.  Everyone seems entitled to do exactly what they want, and to hell with the needs of others ! And yes, it't not just the young.

Yep certainly appears that way and the more of a wrong doer you are the more you are likely to get away with it.   What the Law to rock up , forget it , too busy doing Royal Protection duty and managing protest marches.   All of which attracts overtime.:default_gbxhmm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hylander said:

Yep certainly appears that way and the more of a wrong doer you are the more you are likely to get away with it.   What the Law to rock up , forget it , too busy doing Royal Protection duty and managing protest marches.   All of which attracts overtime.:default_gbxhmm:

Let's not forget as well that there are now 20,000+ fewer of them than there were ten years ago.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Malanka said:

There is a Europe wide limit on the dbs permissible from exhausts. It’s quite high at 88

The noise limit for a car is now 80db, but also the law states that any modifiction to an exhaust which makes it louder than the vehicle's type approval is also illegal. This means most aftermarket exhausts are illegal. There is a big police push in Wales at the moment, also in Essex to remove non cimpliant vehicles from the road (this also includes retro fitted HID headlamps which are also illegal). You need to complain to your local POlice and Crime Commisioner if your local constabulary is not taking action against loud exhausts which are causing nuisance. If the PCC will not take action then refer the matter to the Independant Police Complaints Comission. 

Where we live there are local bylaws in place to prevent anti social car use, which makes it much easier to prosecute.

5 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Before I sold it my Fireblade had an exhaust with a removable baffle, it sounded awesome, although I used to be out on country roads not built up areas in fairness.

Wishing bikers would just fall off is a bit extreme though DF, they are people still that aren't cocooned within a protective shell, not some expendable piece of rubbish that can be merely disregarded.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:47, Malanka said:

Illegal mods should be crushed also, why aren’t plod doing something or do they figure whilst revving and doughnutting there not robbing or stabbing someone? 

Define illegal mod ....

technically my headlights are illegal as I fitted Xenons a few years ago, together with self levelling shocks and headlight washers. All as per regs at the time and the same AS BUILT on some variants of the same car.

Last year they changed the law ( as a response to Chavs mainly ) - so unless MY car had them as standard they can't be fitted. Instead I have to drive with inferior, less safe, illumination

54 minutes ago, RumPunch said:

Define illegal mod ....

technically my headlights are illegal as I fitted Xenons a few years ago, together with self levelling shocks and headlight washers. All as per regs at the time and the same AS BUILT on some variants of the same car.

Last year they changed the law ( as a response to Chavs mainly ) - so unless MY car had them as standard they can't be fitted. Instead I have to drive with inferior, less safe, illumination

Unless you were behaving like a chav, I don't think theres one copper in a hundred who would book you for it !

10 hours ago, RumPunch said:

It all depends on how you upgraded them. If you replaced the whole headlamp unit then you may not have a problem as you have also taken care of the need to have either self levelling headlamps or self levelling suspension and headlamp washers which fire when then front screen is washed. If you simply used a bulb upgrade kit in your existing headlamps then that is not legal, and never was. Although these upgrade kits position the bulb precisely where the old halogen fitted the burner in an HID produces a very different light pattern to a halogen filament bulb, which the lens on halogen headlamps is not designed for and cannot focus correctly on the road. Hence you get stray beams which dazzle oncoming drivers. In an HID equipped system there is also a requirement for the dipped headlamp to remain illuminated when the main beam is activated, whereas in Halogen systems they normally extinguish as soon as you switch to full beam. 

What has changed is the requirements of the MOT test, not just just in relation to bulb upgrades but many after market mods such as exhausts as mentioned above. The problem is many of these things cannot easily be tested under the guise of the current test where testing stations don't have noise meters and do not dismantle anything hence often things are a judgement call or even completely missed by the examiner. I think it is quite likely in the not too distant future that the MOT test will change from a 90 minute (ish) annual visual inspection to a half to full day strip and check done every two years.