I Know Some Are Not 'footie' Fans, But.....

Poppy

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Absolutely, although when you've spent as many hours trying to explain the offside rule to Grace as I have, it would be comparatively simple :default_smiley-angelic002:

This is how I see it my darling...…….

You're in a shoe shop, second in queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, ' whilst it is in flight' you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has 'actually been thrown', it would be plain wrong to be in front of the other shopper

:default_biggrin:

I sill don't get it, sorry sweetheart

Grace

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gracie said:

This is how I see it my darling...…….

You're in a shoe shop, second in queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, ' whilst it is in flight' you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has 'actually been thrown', it would be plain wrong to be in front of the other shopper

I sill don't get it, sorry sweetheart

Grace

A few things here gorgeous,

1 - Obviously I am going to have to spend all night drilling it into you again, as you still haven't got it enough

2 - Technically you could have moved ahead of the shopper in front of you as "your friend" was taking a "throw" and therefore you could not have been offside anyway

3 - Please don't take me into another ruddy shoe shop, you know I hate shoe shopping, and it is no place to clear up the finer points of the offside rule

4 - When have you ever "forgotten" your purse? I thought you just "halted your run" to the till/bar etc looking at me with "that look" until I get my wallet out and make the "pass" for you

5 - When have you ever let being rude (yellow card) stop you getting a pair of shoes before another woman? The term "scratching their eyes out" (definite straight red) springs to mind.....again

:default_icon_kiss:

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:28, MauriceMynah said:

I have never really understood the mindset of football club supporters. I don't really follow the game but have a gentle interest in the progress of two teams, Southend United and Norwich. I was born and spent most of my childhood just outside Southend (Leigh-on-Sea) and spend as much time as I can in Norfolk. There is no recognised team near Sawbridgeworth !  That's my excuse and I stick to it.

I have never been to Manchester nor have the Man United supporters I have known. Why would someone support a team from a place with which they have no links? This I don't understand.

If Engerland is playing, I support them, If Engerland is not playing, but another UK country is, I will support them. This level of support I understand.

Friendly banter I also understand, anything more serious I again raise my eyes in wonder and confusion. 

What about Bishops Stortford FC?? Is that close enough to Sawbridgeworth??

Ah! never mind Anfield`s being used for a proper sport shortly Its Rugby League`s Magic weekend. The main difference between the two sports is that soccer fans throw their hands upwards, whilst rugby fans throw throw their arms, hands and anything else outwards. I think that`s the offside law.

5 minutes ago, scaniaman said:

Ah! never mind Anfield`s being used for a proper sport shortly Its Rugby League`s Magic weekend. The main difference between the two sports is that soccer fans throw their hands upwards, whilst rugby fans throw throw their arms, hands and anything else outwards. I think that`s the offside law.

And when the 'funny ball' mob ( particularly the posh ones ) misbehave the media have a tendency to ignore it . On the other hand....

• Like 1

Don't forget the other Semi Final tonight......Not so sure Spurs can work the same magic against Ajax but you never know.

Could be on for an all English (Teams....not players) final:default_biggrin:

21 minutes ago, coolcat said:

Don't forget the other Semi Final tonight......Not so sure Spurs can work the same magic against Ajax but you never know.

Could be on for an all English (Teams....not players) final:default_biggrin:

Are you a Spurs fan CC? Always best I find out before saying something about them :default_biggrin:

I'm confident my boys will bring home number 6 whoever we play, but personally I would prefer to play Ajax, purely because we play the English sides enough already :default_smile:

39 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Are you a Spurs fan CC? Always best I find out before saying something about them :default_biggrin:

I'm confident my boys will bring home number 6 whoever we play, but personally I would prefer to play Ajax, purely because we play the English sides enough already :default_smile:

Nope.......Liverpool.

But.............All my family come from Tottenham and are very much Spurs through and through.

Being a child of the seventies I of course decided to back the winners and thus become the black sheep of the family.

It could have been worse I guess, I could have become a Gooner:default_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, coolcat said:

Nope.......Liverpool.

Ahh good stuff CC, nice to know who the intelligent forum football fans are :default_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, coolcat said:

It could have been worse I guess, I could have become a Gooner:default_biggrin:

Oh Jeez, now you've done it.

My gorgeous Grace professes to be a gooner (seriously who would actually call themselves that), I say professes because strangely since their complete and utter downturn in fortunes, she seems to have lost all interest.

I do wonder if it will suddenly appear again once they start to actually be able to win a game :default_hiding:

Really though, I've convinced her into becoming an adopted red, she even wears my shirt too :default_icon_luvlove: so it's all good :default_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, coolcat said:

Unbelievable......Spurs have only gone and won as well:default_biggrin:

They'll be gutted to get smashed in the final :default_biggrin:

Just getting the ticket info for the final and as usual its lovely to see the details.

It's a 68000 seater stadium in Madrid, 13000 tickets have been assigned for each team's supporters.

That's not even half of the ground filled with supporters who have watched their team every game.

I have no doubt our fantastic supporters will be filling at least 70% of the stadium come match day by hook or by crook but...

I (and many others) have been to every one and wanting to get a ticket for me and my boy seeing as we have been there from the start but unfortunately corporate and sponsorship greed will account for over 40 odd thousand nobodies who take the seats off of true supporters, which to me shows everything that is wrong with football.

Anyway, rant over, we still have a league to win on Sunday and then number 6, come on your red's :default_trophy:

Great racing from Oulton Park, Josh Brooks doing the double, with Tommy Bridewell 2nd and Danny Buchan in 3rd in both races. Brilliant, and great to see Tommy Bridewell =1st in the British Superbike Championship. 

Football? .......................... please excuse me, i think i`m going to throw up .......................

1 minute ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Football? .......................... please excuse me, i think i`m going to throw up .......................

That'll be all that beer you've been drinking ST whilst sat watching the bikes

Ooh no you're.....(resisting finishing this sentence as I do not want to upset MM)

23 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Just getting the ticket info for the final and as usual its lovely to see the details.

It's a 68000 seater stadium in Madrid, 13000 tickets have been assigned for each team's supporters.

That's not even half of the ground filled with supporters who have watched their team every game.

I have no doubt our fantastic supporters will be filling at least 70% of the stadium come match day by hook or by crook but...

I (and many others) have been to every one and wanting to get a ticket for me and my boy seeing as we have been there from the start but unfortunately corporate and sponsorship greed will account for over 40 odd thousand nobodies who take the seats off of true supporters, which to me shows everything that is wrong with football.

Anyway, rant over, we still have a league to win on Sunday and then number 6, come on your red's :default_trophy:

As usual?

Tut tut, twice in two years is good I grant you, however sounds like the typical Liverpool supporter there Jay.

12 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

As usual?

Tut tut, twice in two years is good I grant you, however sounds like the typical Liverpool supporter there Jay.

Well as much as I hate to correct your ignorance of "Liverpool supporters" I think my post is blatantly obvious in it's point being of football supporters of any club being made to lose out for tickets to corporate and sponsorship greed, but thanks for your input anyway.

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

LIverpool and Spurs will wach receive just over 16,000 tickets, plus extras for staff, officials, players family etc. In total the allocation to the clubs will be just under 50% of the stadium. Of the remainder 5% of the total are allocated to european football associations, some will go to UEFA officials, some will be sold to hospitality companies and some will go to sponsors. Whilst I'm in full agreement that it's sad that only half the stadium is being set aside for supporters of the club, many of those other bums on seats are necessary evils in making this tournament what it is. Most of the tickets allocated to sponsors and UEFA officials will end up on resale sites. If you have upwards of 3.5k to spend they are already available on sites such as stub hub.

I got my ticket for the 2005 final in Istanbul though one of these sites at a cost of £2650. When it arrived it had "UEFA Allocation" as the price, and when I took my seat, six places to the left of me sat Lennart Johansson, then President of UEFA. Somebody at UEFA made a very big killing by selling their tickets on. 

What does surprise me is that it is being held at the Metro, when the Bernabeu 10 minutes up the road can seat 13000 more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

unfortunately corporate and sponsorship greed will account for over 40 odd thousand nobodies

this is the bit I can't agree with. Those corporate sponsors are paying hundreds of millions of pounds collectively every year to make this tournament possible, You can't take the money and not expect them to want involvement in the final. It is these tickets that will find there way into Liverpool Supporters hands, and like you I have no doubt that come the day the ground will look like a typical saturday afternoon at Anfield. 

It's our turn tonight  (Chelsea).In the words of a former blue,"its a funny old game".Its been a odd season for us many ups and downs.Very happy we are in the champions league next season. As for tonight if we win  and that north London team that plays in red win it will be a all London  final. All in all a great season for the game A all England final,in the champions league. The premier league being decided on the last game.

Indeed what a fantastic season it has been. Well done to Tottenham last night and good luck to both Chelsea and Arsenal tonight. Wouldn't it be great to see an all England final in the UEFA as well as the Champions League.

I don't understand football fans sometimes. A couple of my (now former) friends on facebook, people I have known for many years were gutted that Liverpool qualified on Tuesday and posted a number of really nasty comments about it. Then when I posted congratulations to Spurs last night and how much I was looking forward to an all England final delivered another round of vitriolic diatribe at which point I decided they were friends I could do without. I like Liverpool to win everything, of course I do, but if we can't then I like to see other English clubs do well. It seems that attitude is at odds with some, especially those who support the red half of Nottingham.

We've just got to hope that Brighton can get something at home to Manchester City on Sunday, which is highly unlikely. I was hoping the relagation battle would go to the last day so that Brighton had a need to fight for their lives, but with that all resolved I can't see anything but an easy away win in that one.