Still Hot.

Poppy

It's another hot day, so I took all my clothes off and opened every window. 

I felt so much better, but the bus driver was not impressed.

I feel sorry for the staff in Greggs in this weather... 

They must be baking in there!

I arrived back on Thursday morning from a 2 week holiday in Orlando.  They really know what hot is over there, the temperature hit over 100 degrees Fahrenheit on most days I was there, and I saw locals walking about in Jeans! 

The heat doesn't stop Floridian life like it does over here, the only difference I could see is there is Air Conditioning everywhere so you are generally only exposed to the heat when outside. 

We are just not used to it and are ill prepared. They keep saying it is cooler well not near to Beccles, even hotter today.

I arrived back on Thursday morning from a 2 week holiday in Orlando.  They really know what hot is over there, the temperature hit over 100 degrees Fahrenheit on most days I was there, and I saw locals walking about in Jeans! 
The heat doesn't stop Floridian life like it does over here, the only difference I could see is there is Air Conditioning everywhere so you are generally only exposed to the heat when outside. 

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hylander said:

We are just not used to it and are ill prepared. They keep saying it is cooler well not near to Beccles, even hotter today.

Pfft hot, it's not even warm till it's into 4 digits °C :default_smiley-angelic002:

:default_hiding:

2 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Apparently it's a Taiwanese boy band formed in 2005, though why you want to know beats me!!! :default_rofl::default_biggrin::default_beerchug:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(Taiwanese_band)

And if that doesn't qualify for thread drift of the year, then I want to know what beat it.

Mate, I think the more pertinent question is why the hecky pecky you've spent your evening googling Taiwanese boy bands :default_smiley-angelic002:

I'm not sure if I'm being called an auto ignition temperature, a dystopian book, someone who has been turned into a moron by TV (I didn't need TV for that), I'm too young to get it, or I've had a beer too many :default_biggrin:

:default_hiding:

3 hours ago, dnks34 said:

Was there December 1999, locals had coats, scarves and gloves while we wore T-shirts and jeans and no I`m not from the North East!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Was there December 1999, locals had coats, scarves and gloves while we wore T-shirts and jeans and no I`m not from the North East!

We went in October a few years ago and it was hitting 30c (86f) even then so I imagine December being similar.

A relative has been mid November and they had it over 100f but apparently that wasn't normal for the time of year.

I thought we were leaving the heat behind coming home.  I think its actually worse over here as unless your lucky enough to have an air-coned property theres very little respite from it. 

• Like 1

Well I know the heat has got to me.    Announced yesterday I was walking to the Pharmacy and then to a parade of shops.   Went out of the door , opened both gates, as if driving and I wasnt, then promptly went to the parade of shops first.    I have finally lost the plot.

I do hope you are right Vanessen that it is going to cool down.    My other half is like a Bull dog chewing a wasp in this weather.

Been difficult at work this week. We supposedly have “climate control “ in the building but it’s rubbish. Over 29 degrees in the office so I was moving staff around to try to get them into the one or two rooms where we actually had cooler air coming through. Really not good! Gave them longer lunch breaks and let some go home early. 

• Like 2

We’re in the caravan at Lowestoft at the moment and wondering whether we might fit in a drive to Beccles before it rains. Came up quite late yesterday evening after we let the traffic clear on the A12 before setting off. 

You never know, I might end up at Oulton Broad while you’re in Lowestoft Ian!

• Like 1

Got to well over 30 in our offices on Thursday. We had loads of fans but it just felt we were in a hairdryer. The boss asked us to come in at 7.30am instead of 8.30, laid on a continental breakfast for us all then said we could go home at 2.30. We were all very, very grateful.  Also very grateful to our son setting up his air conditioning unit in the living room so our dog could be comfortable on that day.   Cool rain coming down now, bliss !

• Like 4

14 hours ago, dnks34 said:

I went to Italy in the spring a few years back. The weather was wonderful there compared to home. We were walking round in shorts and T shirts. Everyone else was wearing their coats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coryton said:

I went to Italy in the spring a few years back. The weather was wonderful there compared to home. We were walking round in shorts and T shirts. Everyone else was wearing their coats.

Same in Spain and Tenerife Brits in shorts Locals in Fur coats

1 hour ago, Coryton said:

Some time back I worked in Rome for three months during the Summer. I used to look forward to going into the data centre to cool down a bit, but my Italian colleagues would insist on putting jackets and scarves on to go into the data centre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Some time back I worked in Rome for three months during the Summer. I used to look forward to going into the data centre to cool down a bit, but my Italian colleagues would insist on putting jackets and scarves on to go into the data centre.

Something I dislike in the US in the summer is the way I have to carry a jumper around to put on when I go indoors because the air conditioning is usually set to such an excessive level.

I had a battle with the cleaners in a hotel in Hawaii once. I'd come back to the room in the evening and set it to a pleasant temperature. I'd go out to work the next day, then when I got back it would be set to Arctic again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lulu said:

Got to well over 30 in our offices on Thursday. We had loads of fans but it just felt we were in a hairdryer. The boss asked us to come in at 7.30am instead of 8.30, laid on a continental breakfast for us all then said we could go home at 2.30. We were all very, very grateful.  Also very grateful to our son setting up his air conditioning unit in the living room so our dog could be comfortable on that day.   Cool rain coming down now, bliss !

What a lovely boss ... and son!

• Like 1