Grendel Need Not Apply

50 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

Grendel you do need to get out more. Well done Bridge Broad. 

i have only been through it once, and probably in the other direction (toward Coltishall), but with a Martham boat, you can normally get to those places that you dont normally get to see very often.

31 minutes ago, grendel said:

i have only been through it once, and probably in the other direction (toward Coltishall), but with a Martham boat, you can normally get to those places that you dont normally get to see very often.

We`ve taken 43ft of Lightning through Bridge Broad. Lovely quiet place to mudweight, and quite sheltered too.

So no-one ever really mentions Bridge Broad. We've always wondered whether you are allowed in there ... that's the one just the other side of Wroxham Bridge? Is it an "in one end and out the other" kind of place or "one way in and out"?

10 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

We`ve taken 43ft of Lightning through Bridge Broad. Lovely quiet place to mudweight, and quite sheltered too.

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

So no-one ever really mentions Bridge Broad. We've always wondered whether you are allowed in there ... that's the one just the other side of Wroxham Bridge? Is it an "in one end and out the other" kind of place or "one way in and out"?

We took a detour/short cut through there on the way back from Coltishall. 

It didn't occur to us there was any reason not to. It looked perfectly navigable, and we didn't see any signs saying that it was private, or that it was too shallow, so I'm a bit surprised that people don't seem to normally go in there.

Did we miss something?

Here is a view of us coming back out again towards the BA moorings.

image.png.c1bc41ab7898f55b35effea31648d15a.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

It is a lovely quiet spot and very sheltered. You only know you are close to civilisation when a train rumbles across the bridge. 

Actually, now you come to mention it, I think that was the point that I realised where we were.

I was doing something in the cabin and not paying attention.

33 minutes ago, Coryton said:

We took a detour/short cut through there on the way back from Coltishall. 

It didn't occur to us there was any reason not to. It looked perfectly navigable, and we didn't see any signs saying that it was private, or that it was too shallow, so I'm a bit surprised that people don't seem to normally go in there.

Did we miss something?

Here is a view of us coming back out again towards the BA moorings.

image.png.c1bc41ab7898f55b35effea31648d15a.png

We always go through one way when we go up to Coltishall.

• Like 1