Southern Mooring Required

Moontrev

With a 17ft yacht, I'd recommend somewhere on the Yare, as the river is the widest of them all. I don't know whether these are "local residents only" moorings, but there are some nice bankside moorings in Langley and Hadley dykes, with direct access to the Yare. On the Yare, with a 17ftr, you can sail from Reedham swing bridge, all the way to the outskirts of Norwich unhindered, providing you have enough mast clearance at Post wick viaduct, and from Langley or Hadley, that will afford you a good weekends sailing, with plenty of shoreside attractions and safe moorings, not to mention evening entertainments (pubs). If I wanted a small yacht for weekending, that's where I'd want to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I'm guessing Trev is looking something fairly simple rather than full boatyard facilities (but I could be wrong of course) thinking the likes of Langley or Hardley dyke perhaps? I don't know who to contact unfortunately. Oulton Broad maybe or even Beccles?

I was typing my post when you posted this Howard, so apologies for doubling up. 

• Like 1

Worth trying the 2 moorings down Griffin lane. One is owned by Brian and Barbara whom i have used before i moved to Northern rivers.  or you could try Griffin Marine next door. A lovely spot as you are straight out on to the Yare. Must add i do miss the Southern rivers.

Trev, you can press the + button in any post and this will quote that post in your post which makes it clear who you are replying to. You can also select a small part of any post by highlighting it and a pop up will offer to just quote that section.

Alternatively just do as I am doing here and address your comment to the person you want to see it 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

Trev, you can press the + button in any post and this will quote that post in your post which makes it clear who you are replying to. You can also select a small part of any post by highlighting it and a pop up will offer to just quote that section.

Alternatively just do as I am doing here and address your comment to the person you want to see it 👍

Hi Ray,

thanks for that, I've tried replying via email but my replies bounce back to me, any ideas?

In the options menu at the top right (3 horizontal lines) is an envelope icon which you can use to send any particular member a private message. You can't directly email a member from the forum unless they have invited you to by supplying their email address to you personally.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moontrev said:

Hi Alan,

thanks for that, I'm also a member of the Southern Crusader syndicate moored next to Ranworth Breeze.....small world or what?

Hi Trevor,

As you say it is a small world, but there is a lot of us syndicate owners not only on this forum but also members of others.

Please give my regards to Jon your Chairman.

Regards 

Alan

2 hours ago, Ray said:

24 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Trevor,

As you say it is a small world, but there is a lot of us syndicate owners not only on this forum but also members of others.

Please give my regards to Jon your Chairman.

Regards 

Alan

Hi Alan,

I'll certainly pass on your regards to Jon, he's a top bloke!

not getting anywhere trying to find a mooring for our mini yacht, I've had some silly quotes of around £265 for 3 months, whereas I can pop her on a swinging mooring at our yacht club, on Wroxham Broad for £353, so that's probably where we will keep   her next year!

happy sailing/cruising

cheers

trev

16 minutes ago, Moontrev said:

Hi Alan,

I'll certainly pass on your regards to Jon, he's a top bloke!

not getting anywhere trying to find a mooring for our mini yacht, I've had some silly quotes of around £265 for 3 months, whereas I can pop her on a swinging mooring at our yacht club, on Wroxham Broad for £353, so that's probably where we will keep   her next year!

happy sailing/cruising

cheers

trev

Why not trail her around and launch her when you want to go for a sail?.

I`ve even heard of people keeping a boat on a trailer, fully rig in a boatyard, and just launching and recovering before and after a days sail.