Child Overboard At Rushcutters

FairTmiddlin

6 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Um...maybe I should have explained that ‘carnage’ was from a quote in EDP from a bystander, which I thought was inappropriate.

Totally agree, a responsible reporter and newspaper would not have quoted "street language" in such circumstances.

• Like 1

I can't resist re - posting a comment which has appeared under the article on the EDP website, which asks : Is this the same sort of carnage that was supposed to take place after the train cancellations on Sunday?

This article is indeed, pathetic journalism. All it contains is comments by bystanders (who are even afraid to be named) about all the emergency vehicles parked in the road and someone who saw what might have been a little girl wrapped in a blanket, going into an ambulance. Hardly a witness report, is it? The same anonymous"witness" goes on to say she has never seen anyone fall in or anything like it before. That is, in the three years that she has lived there!

• Like 4

Up to the EDP's usual low standard. The 'carnage' was caused by the number of busses that couldn't pass the emergency services vehicles. We had just come back from shopping and parked up near The Rivergarden PH until the holdup cleared (about half an hour).  How the child ended up in the water I don't know but another female was also in the water and a man from the green jumped in to rescue them. All were safe but cold. Once dry they were taken to N&N to be checked over.

Colin

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Up to the EDP's usual low standard. The 'carnage' was caused by the number of busses that couldn't pass the emergency services vehicles. We had just come back from shopping and parked up near The Rivergarden PH until the holdup cleared (about half an hour).  How the child ended up in the water I don't know but another female was also in the water and a man from the green jumped in to rescue them. All were safe but cold. Once dry they were taken to N&N to be checked over.

Colin

Thank heavens for a sensible report, thank you Islander. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another onlooker, a 50-year-old housewife who did not want to be named, said: "It was chaos. The road was really blocked. I thought it was something major."

No wonder she didn't want to be named. I wonder what she does consider "something major"

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...