Over The Moon

unclemike

those who were at the wooden boat show this year may remember the auction for the artwork,framed, of the poster of the show, having been outbid i asked the artist (member victory v)to do a painting of my boat  for a donation to his charity.collected it today and even found time to spend money in THE ORIGINAL BAKEWELL PUDDING SHOP

WELL IMPRESSED thanks david

even visited a proper national park

IMG_0332.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

What a beautiful painting, excellent work David :default_icon_clap:

And what a lucky boy you are Chameleon, a fantastic painting and getting in a visit to my land and it's "proper national park".

Love the new avatar too :default_wink:

:default_xmas2:

Thank you for the kind comments regarding the picture of Chameleon , it completes the commissions I was asked to do at the excellent Beccles Wooden Boat Show.

I will be delivering the money to Weston Park Cancer Charity tomorrow morning, I will of course publish the up to now total once the charity have confirmed the amount.

At present I do not have a web presence for the " Broads Style" of pictures as this is not my usual way of working, but I will put images on the forum as I go along.

Thank you Griff, I would be more than happy to do Broad Ambition, every penny from my broads pictures go's to Weston Park.

It was a real pleasure doing the Chameleon picture for Mike, they came to collect it yesterday and I don't know who was more pleased, me or him.

• Like 7

We have had an envelope sat on our kitchen table for several months now, collecting bits of money from Beccles poster sales, this morning we went to Weston Park Cancer Charity and emptied it out on their reception desk, along with the balance of a yoga fundraiser Diane was involved in we left them with £1050.00. 

We are both very much touched by the generosity and goodwill of people,, as we are told by the charity, these amounts make a real difference to their work.

Many thanks those involved, makes you right proud!

• Like 8

Great stuff Victoryv, you and Diane should both rightly feel proud. And what a fantastic charity to raise money for too, one that is very close to my heart too unfortunately.

Well done guys (n girls):default_icon_clap:

4 hours ago, Victoryv said:

We have had an envelope sat on our kitchen table for several months now, collecting bits of money from Beccles poster sales, this morning we went to Weston Park Cancer Charity and emptied it out on their reception desk, along with the balance of a yoga fundraiser Diane was involved in we left them with £1050.00. 

We are both very much touched by the generosity and goodwill of people,, as we are told by the charity, these amounts make a real difference to their work.

Many thanks those involved, makes you right proud!

S'pose you'll be wanting another boat show now so you can dust off that old easel again? :default_biggrin:

• Like 1