Newfies Afloat

Tempest

34 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

I think the best place for that tv is the bin.  We bought a 22inch smart tv for Norfolk Lady from Argos for about £130.  I need binoculars to see the one on MS, it’s so small!!

The one under the sofa is even smaller. Only 15”.

I’m finding the current TV a bit small too.

30 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Mine too . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 down, 10 to go!!

Mine 3, just 9 more........oh no, I forgot sorry :facepalm:

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Any of Jayfire’s empties under there? 

8 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Unfortunately not. We did find 4 x litre bottles of mineral water past their sell by date. Obviously Jay wasn’t going to touch them!

Now just what are the two of you insinuating here, honestly :default_biggrin:

:default_xmas2:

55 minutes ago, Tempest said:

You have our permission to throw away anything you deem useless or beyond its sell by date!

Just need 11 others to agree...............:default_coat:

52 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Mine too . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 down, 10 to go!!

Me too !.... although we've not had a chance to stash anything there yet !!

• Like 1

Thanks Warren. I had hoped to have posted the first instalment today, but I can’t get my laptop to reliably connect to Brooms internet, even though my iPad is picking up the signal. I don’t want to post without attaching photos. (By the way, did you find the password for the Brooms WiFi in the log book? We didn’t discover the password until our second trip)

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

(By the way, did you find the password for the Brooms WiFi in the log book? We didn’t discover the password until our second trip)

Yes we stumbled across it as I tried to read everything I could to know all things associated with MS

I did note there is a new "New Marina WiFi" which appeared to have a very strong signal so was going to call at the office to see if it's available for berth holders, but never got round to it.

Maybe worth a try if the Brooms one keeps dropping out like it did for us too

8 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Yes we stumbled across it as I tried to read everything I could to know all things associated with MS

I did note there is a new "New Marina WiFi" which appeared to have a very strong signal so was going to call at the office to see if it's available for berth holders, but never got round to it.

Maybe worth a try if the Brooms one keeps dropping out like it did for us too

We’ve been MS syndicate members for over two years and didn’t even know about the wi-fi.  

12 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I have a cunning plan which will hopefully absolve me from responsibility. I have an idea to circulate a spreadsheet containing the inventory so that people can indicate what they want to retain or not.
The best laid plans though...

Sure fire way for disagreements.  There’s bound to be someone who wants to keep a 15 year old tv ‘just in case’ or mis-matched crockery as spares.

45 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

How about agreeing some ground rules first? If only one person wants to retain something then perhaps we could give the item to them to bring with them each time.

Not a bad idea.  Worth a try, I think.  Is the box of fishing gear still under the settee?  At the AGM last year, it was mentioned, but no one owned up to owning it.  That could be the first item to hit the bin.

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

How about agreeing some ground rules first? If only one person wants to retain something then perhaps we could give the item to them to bring with them each time.

44 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Not a bad idea.  Worth a try, I think.  Is the box of fishing gear still under the settee?  At the AGM last year, it was mentioned, but no one owned up to owning it.  That could be the first item to hit the bin.

That sofa sounds like the Tardis! 

• Haha 2

We basically have to have a cull at the end of the season or before the season starts to remove all the added items such as odd glasses, cutlery or the odd items left aboard Ranworth Breeze. Season start is also the time to renew those items such as dull knifes, pans and kitchen aids, inspect all the duvets, pillows etc.

Regards

Alan

• 5 months later...

We're due to be the first on board, albeit a few days later than planned but a short break is better than no break.  Apart from needing a dust she's all ready to go and I did mention we'd like an early start on the Monday, whether I can turf my wife out of bed earlier is another matter !

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NeilB said:

We're due to be the first on board, albeit a few days later than planned but a short break is better than no break.  Apart from needing a dust she's all ready to go and I did mention we'd like an early start on the Monday, whether I can turf my wife out of bed earlier is another matter !

I am sure she will be up and ready nice and early

Enjoy your break

Hopefully MS will be looking good after the winter maintenance 

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire

Won't be long guys until we can all get back on the river :1355_pray_tone1:

Shadow always looked good after winter maintenance so enjoy when you get the chance....be careful though, you never know who will be around the rivers :default_norty: