Newfies Afloat

Tempest

On Friday we did go for breakfast and it was superb!!

Toast, tea or coffee, juices, a standard breakfast which had everything or you could go large and lots of other goodies on offer!

we went for the standard breakfasts and it was terrific. The staff are amazing and we just love the place and will be back again soon.

image.thumb.png.30e92d65c5bd3da762dcdf4bd6a55b6f.png

We then made our way back to our mooring at Broom Boats, filled her up, pumped her out and gave her a good clean so she is ready for Helen and Graham who are next on.

Hope she was left in good order for you both

Friday evening we made our way to the Yare for some food and drink and had a chat to Malcolm about all things boaty and then headed back to the boat for the evening and then we set off back to Bolton at around 8am, arriving home around 1pm

Another terrific trip and we cant wait to be back in November!

Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 7

Lovely write up Warren, just three questions. Erm...

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

The plan, didnt go to plan, but that was only because their was a 60`s event on at the Ship with Elvis and Abba tributes being sung and the atmosphere in the beer garden was too good to leave behind.

...what's a 60's event, what's an Elvis, and finally......what's an Abba? 

:default_hiding:

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

. . . . . . . . . . I still haven’t tried the Ferry at Surlingham yet but it sounds like the place to be. . . . . . . . . .

It certainly is.  Great food, bookable moorings, electric hook up, water, beer garden for clement weather, a roaring open fire in the winter, friendly staff and a warm welcome.  Without question, my favourite watering hole on the Southern rivers.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Lovely write up Warren, just three questions. Erm...

...what's a 60's event, what's an Elvis, and finally......what's an Abba? 

:default_hiding:

Ohh you have missed out!

Check our Mama Mia for starters.................but just dont listen to Piers Brosnan singing!!

• Haha 1

Thanks Warren and Julie. MS looked immaculate. :default_biggrin:

Graham has just checked under the sink. There’s a (new?) rolled up flat water hose there as well as an older one that was on the boat last time we were on her.

Thanks for the tale.

I probably wouldn’t be posting this if we had got to our intended destination today. Half way there Graham realised he’d left his phone charger in the car. So we are back at Brooms for the evening, and making use of their WiFi.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

There’s a (new?) rolled up flat water hose there as well as an older one that was on the boat last time we were on her.

I never knew!!

We learn so much from current users

You have a wonderful evening and a great break

Look forward to reading your blog as you make your travels

14 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

The only thing that I’ve not been able to find this time (so far) is the low wattage tube heaters that get left on in the winter when the boat is unoccupied, to deter damp. Haven’t looked under the sofa yet though.

To be fair it was that hot this week, we never thought of them, but come to think of it, I didn't see them either 

On 19/09/2020 at 20:12, Tempest said:

To be fair it was that hot this week, we never thought of them, but come to think of it, I didn't see them either 

We found them! They are hiding under under the sofa. We’ve been using the time we are stuck on our mooring due to the strong winds usefully (well, I hope it will be of some use anyway) and made a start on that inventory of MS that I offered to do. There’s all sorts stashed under that sofa, including a small cuddly toy bear. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

We found them! They are hiding under under the sofa. We’ve been using the time we are stuck on our mooring due to the strong winds usefully (well, I hope it will be of some use anyway) and made a start on that inventory of MS that I offered to do. There’s all sorts stashed under that sofa, including a small cuddly toy bear. 

You and everybody else stay safe!

Wise choice heading back to the mooring

I can assure you the cuddly toy isnt mine!!

:default_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Good luck with that!!  How many frying pans do you really need on one boat??😁😁

Well hopefully once we have an inventory we’ll be able to agree between us what items can go and which are needed. Found a whole stash of mismatched crockery and glassware under the sofa too, plus the TV that must have predated the current one. I think the problem is that no one wanted to be accused of throwing out something that someone else might want.

44 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

There’s all sorts stashed under that sofa, including a small cuddly toy bear. 

10 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Found a whole stash of mismatched crockery and glassware under the sofa too, plus the TV that must have predated the current one.

How big is this sofa for heaven’s sake? :default_huh:

Any of Jayfire’s empties under there? 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

. . . . . . . plus the TV that must have predated the current one . . . . .

I think the best place for that tv is the bin.  We bought a 22inch smart tv for Norfolk Lady from Argos for about £130.  I need binoculars to see the one on MS, it’s so small!!

29 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Found a whole stash of mismatched crockery and glassware under the sofa too . . . . . . .

Spares!!

30 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Well hopefully once we have an inventory we’ll be able to agree between us what items can go and which are needed. . . . . . . . .

There’s bound to be some sentimental reasons why they can’t go.  

33 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

. . . . . . I think the problem is that no one wanted to be accused of throwing out something that someone else might want.

More than a little truth in that!!😁😁

42 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Well hopefully once we have an inventory we’ll be able to agree between us what items can go and which are needed. Found a whole stash of mismatched crockery and glassware under the sofa too, plus the TV that must have predated the current one. I think the problem is that no one wanted to be accused of throwing out something that someone else might want.

You have our permission to throw away anything you deem useless or beyond its sell by date!

Just need 11 others to agree...............:default_coat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, vanessan said:

How big is this sofa for heaven’s sake? :default_huh:

Any of Jayfire’s empties under there? 

Unfortunately not. We did find 4 x litre bottles of mineral water past their sell by date. Obviously Jay wasn’t going to touch them!

• Haha 3