As Seen On Youtube, Broads & Non Broads.

Paul

• 7 months later...
On 22/01/2020 at 22:50, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I worked at Wolverton rail depot where i was fitting out trains. I only worked there for a month, hated the place. The Canal went around behind the place, and looked like a rubbish dump. Then a little way up the road to the Stoke Bruern  museum, and it was really beautiful.

The run across the road from the works to the pub at lunch time was famous.. Trying to drive down there at that time it was just a sea of people..

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed both those videos.  Must be >45 years since I visited the Broads.

I can appreciate the tranquility of being almost alone in December.

I had the hope of being able to bring my (German) wife over for a vacation on the Broads but Covid-19 & Brexit plus time marching on makes it increasingly unlikely.

• 1 month later...

I thought this was as good a topic as any to flag another channel that I have come across that I really like. I have been in touch with the people behind it and they are happy for me to give it a mention here. Some of the videos are the Broads, some aren't, so take your pick. I believe that they moved from Yorkshire down to Norfolk 18 months ago so are still getting to know the area, the same as I am.

Here's one of their videos and that will lead you to their channel if interested.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Thank you for posting the videos, they have given me my much needed 'Fix' of the Norfolk Broads. Living 120 miles way from my boat, it's been  while since I've seen her,  which is very frustrating. Obviously there are many others 'in the same boat'.  We've had the jab though and hope we will be allowed back next month.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, webntweb said:

Reminds me of an average day in Horning in the 60s - only there would be a dozen or so motor cruisers in the mix as well.

I'm sure if you come to Horning 5th June 2021  for the 3 Rivers Race start at 11:00-12:30 or Regatta week 2- 6th August 09:30- 16:00  we can give you similar Entertainment. :default_biggrin: (virus permitting)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Shemaha said:

Just found this video on YouTube taken in 1959, holiday on Wild Fantasy from FB Wilds, plenty of boats going through Potter Heigham bridge in those days.

plenty of wooden boats going through, all no doubt no more than 10 foot wide, similar to Marthams fleet that still have less difficulty getting through nowadays, not the 12 foot wide behemouths that are common these days.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, grendel said:

I quite often use my 1946 Jarrolds map

An opportunity to visit Yugoslavia, dropping in for tea with Clement Atlee to discuss independence for India and Umberto II's plans for an extended holiday in Portugal? :default_norty: