2020 Tolls

smitch6

19 minutes ago, marshman said:

Did you realistically expect it to go down?

I would expect it to go down next year as the new 24hr mooring in Oulton Dyke is a one off expenditure being charged to this year's toll'. 

Smitch6, just add up all your annual boating costs, work out how many days use you have, divide one into the other and then go seek solace down the Sailors Home! 

• Like 1

I would never expect the price of the tolls to go down as there will always be "one off" expenses. I have no objection to this, it's just part of life. Government bodies, Quangos and councils will always spend the money in questionable and wasteful ways  I have no objection to this, it's just part of life.

What does make me raise an eyebrow in outrage is when these rises are given stupid and illogical justifications, like loading the diesel engines in the name of Green tax. This is just "band waggon jumping".

So oh fine Doctor, if you want more money then tell is why and don't hide behind ridiculous excuses. 

• Like 3

This years Toll is £405.42 for a  9.02m by 3.26m boat, so that sounds about right I thought though that we had been out quite a few times last year... will double check, hang on a minute.

27 days actually out on the rivers = £15 per day, a bit better than my first estimate but I intend to get a return more in line with all you guys this year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray said:

This years Toll is £405.42 for a  9.02m by 3.26m boat,

I paid about that for a similar sized boat on the gt.ouse back in 2011 and that didn't include the stretch of the cam into cambridge, for quite a bit of the time the river was closed due to flood drainage through the locks, and for a while nav was restricted between the two non tidal bits (the middle of the system) due to lack of water.

I don't moan about the broads tolls!

I won't even try to work out my daily rate as last year we spent most of our boaty holidays not even on the broads as we went coastal.

• Like 1

Yep, received ours today too,  just a tad under 3% rise for us as well.  I can live with that I suppose.

Last years crewed up days onboard 'B.A' was our lowest yet since we recommissioned her back in 2007.  That worked out at £8:49 per day for the toll alone, our best year that I have records to hand for was 2017 - £4:63 per day for the toll used.  Need to get out more and we will this year.  2019 was an annus horribilus for us at this hovel, particularly for me and MrsG.

Griff

Got mine through now, £435, that's £135 less than a gt.ouse/cam licence with all the lock closures and weed problems that occur there, and far bigger lack of dredging than the broads. (about £16 of the EA licence is the add on for the few miles of cam into cambridge)

I'm not moaning about the broads cost.

• Like 1