Monday 29th

CambridgeCabby

There seems to be a lot of confusion over whether or not you can overnight on your boat from Monday. The guidance is to minimise travel so for a lot of us it’s a non-starter anyway. The government’s guidance is not as clear as it could be on the subject. I have seen umpteen articles which say you can overnight in your second home or caravan (that must include boats too surely?) and umpteen saying you can’t overnight until 12 April - that includes the NSBA latest newsletter. :facepalm:

Yes there is a lot of discussion over overnighting my view on this is simple , until officialdom states overnights are permitted I will assume that they are not allowed before that .

too many are seeking loopholes to justify ignoring the guidelines , and at present 12/04/2021 is the date ukgov has stated overnights ARE permitted 

• Like 2

We’re hoping to have a day off packing up our belongings, prior to our house move next Thursday, to spend a few hours tidying up Norfolk Lady.  It’ll be good to see the new canopy in the canvas, give her a wash and flush through the water tanks.

• Like 2

Guest Jayfire
18 minutes ago, vanessan said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over whether or not you can overnight on your boat from Monday.

That's just too many people trying to interpret things themselves to have their own personal say instead of just doing what the roadmap states, there is no confusion, you can't overnight until 12th April  

From the 29th the 'stay at home' guidance will be dropped but people will still be encouraged to minimise travel, there will not be punishments for someone who drives a few hours for a meet-up outside etc however and then returns that day, but you still can't stay away overnight

ITV News - 26 March - https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-26/covid-as-stay-at-home-lockdown-message-ends-in-england-what-can-you-do-from-march-29

*Overnight stays away from home are still banned, unless you own a second home. Those with another residence will be legally allowed to stay there from Monday.*

4 minutes ago, NeilB said:

In lots of cases the “guidance or guidelines” do not match the legislation which in itself is not clear.

I rest my case m’lud!

• Like 3

That's the trouble, there is confusion as the latest published legislation repeals the previous laws and only mentions commercial properties for overnighting, the roadmap says different, one is law and one is guidance, I'll say no more on this to avoid getting a smacked botty from the mods, although that in itself has it's appeal.....

I'm still hanging back till 12/4/21.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vanessan said:

ITV News - 26 March - https://www.itv.com/news/2021-03-26/covid-as-stay-at-home-lockdown-message-ends-in-england-what-can-you-do-from-march-29

*Overnight stays away from home are still banned, unless you own a second home. Those with another residence will be legally allowed to stay there from Monday.

And this is what a lot of people will be dong.

Already seen a few people cleaning and going out over the weekend.

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Are many members going down for the day to check on their boats 

We are going to get there as early as possible armed with cleaning products, bring back all the soft furnishings to wash as we didnt have a chance before, hopefully get the engine to start, put sterilisation stuff in the water and come home.  If we can get it all sorted in a day, that will be it until the 12th onwards, otherwise we may have to do one more trip to get the boat sorted out. 

Deffo going to be popping up to check things over asap after the 29th, can do it it a day so no worries there and will be waiting for the 12th before overnighting. Tbh I'd be happy to wait as long as needed if I could just do a monthly check on her to make sure all is well. As it is I haven't seen the boat since mid December. Fingers crossed all is well for myself and everybody else too.

Can't do the 140 mile trip until after 12th. Unless of course, someone would like to get married onboard the Denham Owl next Tuesday? Ok a funeral? Damn, I thought not.

Or I could join the list of confused people by claiming to be very confused over the issue of whether or not travelling 140 miles accross 3 counties could be counted as staying local? :facepalm:

Looking at the weather forecast for next Tuesday I reckon all the rules will be chucked out of the window. Brace yourselves seaside towns! What do you mean the toilets are closed?

Lots of organisations making up their own rules or advice but the new legislation makes no mention of staying local.  As long as you stay within your bubble in your own accomodation you can stay overnight.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1