Our House.

Went to Yarmouth  this afternoon. Brought  lampshades, bulbs light and garden. Loo seat.Then called into Hemsby, saw my old friends  who helped me out last year when I had a argument  with Ludham bridge. I may do so Voluntary work for them.

Photo of there new boat.

20211027_151308.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Very very good.We  booked a table for 6.00 pm.We considered steak and chips,but both had,chicken  and bacon burger.Really nicely cooked..Chicken  was tender .For dessert, lemon tart I had cream, Marina  had icecream with hers.

Well worth a visit.May well be our local.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good to hear a recommendation. I noticed the Falgate had changed hands recently, so likely to be one of those places judged by not such good reviews from previous ownership. One of the things that annoys me about review sites is not wiping the slate clean when the ownership/management changes. It’s unfair! That’s why I never judge a place just by the ‘score’. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Marina  said yesterday, when we were at Hemsby. Its odd being  at the seaside,and not going back home.

Funny you say that.  Passing the monument in Thetford Forest on the A11 was always a waypoint for us coming to Norfolk - a sign that we were almost there.  Passing it in the opposite direction was the cause of disappointment - going home.  But now, we pass it on the way back from visiting friends and family where we used to live and the happy feeling still exists as we know we’re almost home.

We have settled into Norfolk life very quickly and easily.  It already feels like we belong here.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Then called into Hemsby, saw my old friends  who helped me out last year when I had a argument  with Ludham bridge. I may do so Voluntary work for them.

Photo of there new boat.

20211027_151308.jpg

But will it fit under Potter Higham bridge with that cage contraption on it ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Good to hear a recommendation. I noticed the Falgate had changed hands recently, so likely to be one of those places judged by not such good reviews from previous ownership. One of the things that annoys me about review sites is not wiping the slate clean when the ownership/management changes. It’s unfair! That’s why I never judge a place just by the ‘score’. 

Sean father ran kings arms Ludham for over 30 years.

6 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Where's the pictures of the cooker?

Yesterday  as well as the cooker. Saw an Electrian, today a handyman/gardener.Thursday and Sunday more handymen. Then towards  midday, we went to Great Yarmouth .More house shopping, curtains, curtain rails, table and chairs, headboard for our bed.Sofabed for second bedroom. Not bad progress in our first week.

Photo 📸  of our cooker.

20211102_194621.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So lots going on.Had some electrics done,new lights in kitchen  and bathroom .Lights outside, new roof for the conservatory next month. We've  both worked on the garden, front and back.Today planted bulbs and some bedding  plants. Next week Gardener will remove  shrubs, move fence to the hedge.

20211108_102914.jpg

20211108_102922.jpg

IMG_20211108_121851_682.jpg

IMG_20211108_121852_161.jpg

20211120_102746.jpg

20211120_102755.jpg

20211120_102808.jpg

20211120_150652.jpg

20211120_150711.jpg

20211120_150724.jpg

IMG_20211120_153527_771.jpg

IMG_20211120_153527_257.jpg

IMG_20211120_153527_180.jpg

IMG_20211120_153526_990.jpg

IMG_20211120_153527_920.jpg

• Like 2

So nice when you can feel that you're making progress. We've spent a lot of time on our back garden through the autumn as there was so much that needed to be cut back. I don't think we'll get much more done before the spring now.

Are you making Christmas plans yet? Hope you're continuing to feel settled in. I look back on this time last year and of course we were in lockdown again. Roys was busy this morning, and stacked full of trees and lights and decorations. I'm not venturing over to Lathams!!

• Like 1