Wet Shed Available Horning

I have a wet shed in Horning coming available, big enough for a 45' boat, electric roller shutter door. Non domestic rates apply.. 

great security as someone lives in the flat above it! 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

It’s a nice idea. Long term though, if the property is to be sold in years to come we would be in a situation. Plus that £5k is more than twice what we are paying now

Griff

Im not selling it, its the same as any property or boatyard, they do change hands but no plans for that here. 

it probably is twice what you are paying but its a different shed and in Horning, just think what you would save in diesel getting here every week from Stalham :default_smiley-char054:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think any mooring can be guaranteed beyond the 12 month annual mooring agreement unless you own the freehold. The marina where I moor is currently for sale. New owners may come in and spend a fortune and then increase the mooring fees, only time will tell. 

Clive's mooring sounds ideal for the right person, my only concern would be arriving late at night and settling in and disturbing the people above. 

I guess the issue with a whole boatshed is that you pay the going rate for the whole place, rather than by the foot. At 35ft long it becomes quite an expensive mooring for me, but if your boat is closer to 45ft then I think it is probably quite competative given the type pf mooring.

1 hour ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Clive, Hi.

Golly Gosh... I wish that we still had a boat!  :default_crying1animated:

John R   :default_beerchug:

£5,000 a year before all of the rest of it to pay out.  Tolls, Fuel, Insurance,  Servicing, day to day expense, pumps out etc etc,   you need to be quite wealthy these days to have a boat and that's before you pay for a boat.

• Like 1

I will discuss the issue with the other three. But if me n Bro don’t sell that fifth share, it’s puts mine and Bro’s annual contribution before any maintenance or upgrades to £2’550. That’s a big jump from our current responsibility 

Griff

my moorings in Horning are not the most expensive at £71.50 per foot, these will go up a little this October (but not a lot.. )

that basically buts the price of a 45' mooring to £3217.00 so bearing in mind the value of the shed and the cost of maintaining a boat, I don't think its a bad price.

obviously id doesn't suit all boats or owners but it is there and available. 

• Like 8

Horning moorings are not cheap and are very sought after as it is such a good base , being moored at Stalham means our start journey from the moorings is always the same being as we start from the end of navigation, from Horning you can turn left or right (port or to starboard for those pedants amongst us) and with no pesky low bridge which dictates our passage too.

c£5K doesn’t seem to be excessive for what is being offered IMHO , and is something we would seriously consider if we do change boat .

May I ask please Clive what the available airdraft is entering the wetshed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

From Stalham there are a number of options!

Sutton, Dilham, Neatishead, Gayes, Irstead, Barton Broad, How Hill, Wayford and numerous wild moorings including Johnny Crowes all within an hour, plus a choice of good pubs too. We have been based in Stalham for 14 years and would probably only change to go south.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heron said:

From Stalham there are a number of options!

Sutton, Dilham, Neatishead, Gayes, Irstead, Barton Broad, How Hill, Wayford and numerous wild moorings including Johnny Crowes all within an hour, plus a choice of good pubs too. We have been based in Stalham for 14 years and would probably only change to go south.

Each to their own but as we do more than a day out we like the option of going up the Ant not down it before we get any where.

Fred

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I will discuss the issue with the other three. But if me n Bro don’t sell that fifth share, it’s puts mine and Bro’s annual contribution before any maintenance or upgrades to £2’550. That’s a big jump from our current responsibility 

Griff

It’s only another Saturday to be worked….. every month :default_coat:

• Haha 2