Temperatures Afloat

BroadAmbition

Crews afloat today & tomorrow are sure gonna enjoy some fine and a tad warm weather. They should be thankful that the Broads are not in the ‘Red’ zone so the heat should be manageable. 

Meanwhile up here in Gods own Country we’re proper inside the ‘Red’ zone with temperatures forecast to top 40C.   No need for the big coat then. I’m wall tiling a bathroom due to complete Wednesday. I can see me losing a few ounces. Having to walk Purdey dog later in t evenings, of course she spends more time in t river than on t path

Griff

• Like 2

Well Griff we cannot have it both ways as to the Broads is Ideal  to keeping Cool but in your God's Country that's gonna be a bit  uncomfortable for a few Days including what you will be doing Griff but just Drink plenty of Fluid but none of your favourite tipple till you completed your job lol As for Purdey.you lovely Dog she be Keeping  you on your Toes and fit in the later part of the evenings keep cool Griff .

Well, I'm up the Chet at the moment, and no, that's not a euphemism. 32c and getting hotter. Don't know how much more I can take...must get to a bar, must get to a bar. Vision getting blurred, starting to lose the ability to speak, yes guys, I made it to the bar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

well here in my home office the outside temp is reading 34.4, and inside its a mere 29.8 at 3pm, still as I have now put in my hours (having started at 6.am when it was cool) its time to go jump in the hot tub that is set at a mere 30 degrees, I have had 2 fans blowing onto me constantly, and have not been making any video calls for work as my attire has definitely been NSFW

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, grendel said:

I have had 2 fans blowing onto me constantly, 

Well personally I don't believe you. Have we met these fans? Have you brought them to any meets? I don't remember any fans on your boat.

Come on matey, play the game tell us all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It reached 31 here on the SE coast today, cooled by an onshore SE breeze.  Pleasant for sitting in the shade and perfect for a visit to Hythe beach and a dip in the sea this afternoon.  Will do the same tomorrow and maybe drive up to visit our boat once things cool down a bit.

Currently at beccles and it's 26c in the cabin and 23c out back with canopy open, walked into beccles earlier after running hat and t-shirt under the cold tap and it was lovely.

Dog getting hosed down regularly. 

On a plus note if I was stopping in an igloo tonight I'd be homeless. 

38 degrees here on the edges of the Medway Towns, hotter tomorrow.

It has been a struggle to keep the top floor of the house cool as we have 2 large french doors upstairs facing down the garden into the morning sun. The house is an unusual design for the UK as it has a 1m overhang at first floor level all around, this provides shade to the ground floor and is very effective in shading to ground floor rear glass.

I keep threatening to fit aircon upstairs but Matron vetos it, now might be the time to suggest it again 😎

The thermometer in our hovel (In t shade) reached a high today of 36C.  Coincidentally the GriffTile vans outside temperature gauge also got to a high of 36C so I am confident they are both reading and are calibrated correctly.

Main news earlier this evening forecasts Yorkshire to be hotter than London tomorrow with a possible high of 41C.  We will see

We have all the curtains shut, all t windows during the day shut.  Loft hatch open, conservatory doors open, conservatory roof window open.  Fan blowing in t lounge which is the coolest room in t house during the day and the lounge is far from cool by normal standards.  Purdey is fast becoming a water dog and will soon have developed web feet.  MrsG has taken to sleeping downstairs in t conservatory at nights.  My concern is that shotgun cartridges are supposed to be stored in a dry cool place - Really?  Dry isn't an issue, cool certainly is though :default_icon_e_surprised:  I must have two thousand of the things slowly getting warmer and warmer :default_icon_eek:

Griff