Temperatures Afloat

BroadAmbition

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

0630 25C.  MrsG been up since 0530, washing and ironing, watered garden

Here we go, will we get over the 40C mark by mid afternoon?  I'll be bathroom wall tiling in nowt but my shreddies :default_icon_eek:

Have a great day in the bathroom Griff, it is also hell for myself here in the air conditioned bar today...their rum measures are atriciously small in comparison to my own boat measures but I am doing my best anyway :default_wink:

20220719_141337.thumb.jpg.0e1655f921cd3628e5dfa63b86517664.jpg

:default_winko:

5 hours ago, SteveO said:

OK badly trained. The owners seem to want to keep them in a constant state of heightened excitement. I don't blame the dogs.

My step daughter was like that with her son when he was a youngster.     Always spoke to him in a high pitched excitable way , I am surprised he turned out to be so level headed.

9 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

WOW is that a car or space ship ? 

Never seen an Austin Allegro with those extras. Or if its an HGV a Seddon Atkinson either.

Kindest Regards

Marge and Parge

Hi Marge and Parge sorry to its not a space ship. I swear my boss thinks it is.. 🤣🤣🤣

As in the trucking world I drive what they call Hitlers Revenge (Mercedes) 🤣🤣 My days of driving a sudden accident (Sed Aki) are long gone .. My Uncle Fred had an Austin Allaggro but that’s another story.. 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers 

Mike 

"Hot" boating is not something I enjoy. The worst bit being when you have finished cruising for the day and the 2.5litre "lump" under the cockpit floor starts radiating it's accumulated heat into your already hot living quarters. Looking on faceache today, though, I  feel real sympathy for those narrowboaters, who's steel vessels were registering internal temperatures in the mid-50's centigrade. I don't suppose you can wind the roof back on a narrowboat.

Whereas on the Broads, if you are lucky, you can moor up somewhere shady for the afternoon and evening. The sun has now moved across so we no longer have the shade, but it's done it's worst and it's pleasant to sit out. 

when you step into a 31 degree hot tub and it feels refreshingly cool, then you know its hot, while i was working the temperature steadily climbed, then at 3pm i headed for the cool hot tub, meanwhile in the upstairs the temperature hit 35.6 deg, the thermometer in direct sun was reading 52 degrees' its lowly cooling, with 4 fans blowing upstairs is getting cooler, back to 33 at the moment.

I was in Leeds city centre this afternoon. At 1.30pm it was bearable walking to my appointment, but when I came out at 3pm, it was stifling, really uncomfortable to breathe.

The car thermometer said 42°C on the way out of Leeds towards York.

I then had to go the allotment as, having only just returned from Norfolk yesterday, I now have to go to Scotland tomorrow, so the poor plants needed some TLC. 3 hours of carrying watering cans and harvesting stuff that should have been picked a week ago, I've just arrived home and it's a mere 28°C in the hall.

Just hope the weather doesn't break in too dramatic a fashion as we have exterior house painting to do up in Scotland.

I'm sure someone at t Met Office said today was supposed to be cooler - Really?  Last night was proper uncomfortable - humidity levels up somewhat

Woke this morning at 0600 and it was 28C, so we will be over 30C odd again before lunchtime unless we get a northerly with some rain - He says hopefully

Griff

Hi all as today's Temperature is now more bearable 20c for us all but might go up a bit further but not at 40c No No that was too dam hot for us all. I do hope things are back to normal in Griff's household as Griff is able to work on getting his job contract done on time now and able to earn for his favourite tipple on his provisional work he has done. 

24 degrees here this morning. Isn't forecast to get much hotter today so hoping that the house cools of a little while we are at work.

It was still 31 in the bedroom and 30 in the kitchen this morning which wasn't pleasant.

it was still 30 degrees and uncomfortably warm when I tried to go to sleep last night, as a result i slept with a fan blowing directly onto mme, and slept well, since then it has returned to 28 degrees inside nad out, but at least the fans are blowing cool, yesterday they were just shifting the hot air round.