Temperatures Afloat

BroadAmbition

5 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

My concern is that shotgun cartridges are supposed to be stored in a dry cool place - Really?  Dry isn't an issue, cool certainly is though :default_icon_e_surprised:  I must have two thousand of the things slowly getting warmer and warmer 

Have you thought about putting some ice packs in a container to cool them down ?

I have moved mine into a cupboard in the middle of the house that I originally made into a wine store, ( when I could drink red wine ),  it had a cold water feed in it that I extended up and down across the rear wall, it kept the wine at a constant temperature all year. Sadly it only stores tonic and beers these days.

well the fan has been on all night, blowing straight at me and i have got the indoor temperature back down to 26 degrees, yesterday it peaked at 32 degrees inside, 34 degrees outside (though when the thermometer probe was in direct sun it read 48) random quick dips in the hot tub, then sitting in front of the fan helped as the damp evaporated off it cooled.

37.7.degrees here yesterday (outside) and 34 degrees upstairs with all the windows open! This morning it is already 22 degrees and like everywhere else is predicted to top 38 degrees or more as the day progresses!  Dog spent most of yesterday in and out of the sprinkler pool in what shade we had in the garden.  Bin men have emptied the bin at 6 this morning so that they can finish earlier.

Chris

1 hour ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Hit 37C  Going down the M5 yesterday between Frankly and Gloucester services.. 

This morning when I started work it was still 28C 🤣

EDD1BF6E-1312-40D4-AFF4-E84B7AA933B6.jpeg

WOW is that a car or space ship ? 

Never seen an Austin Allegro with those extras. Or if its an HGV a Seddon Atkinson either.

Kindest Regards

Marge and Parge

• Haha 2

The car and garden thermometer were both reading 37 degrees here in sunny Worksop yesterday evening at about 6pm when we got home from work.

The house was hot hot hot. 31 degrees in our bedroom last night not much cooler this morning.

Back in Sheffield now at work and half an hour ago the car reckoned it was 26 degrees already.

It was unbearable in this office yesterday so not sure how we are going to go on with it being another 5 or so degrees hotter today.

Think Worksop is forecast to be one of the hottest places today. Deep Joy!!

26 degrees last night and spent a night of fitful sleep until 7.30 when my neighbour let his large, loud and highly reactive labrador retrievers out into his garden to bark.  Why anyone with no interest whatsoever in shooting, and living cheek by jowl with others on a  housing estate would want to own animals like that, I will never understand.

17 minutes ago, SteveO said:

26 degrees last night and spent a night of fitful sleep until 7.30 when my neighbour let his large, loud and highly reactive labrador retrievers out into his garden to bark.  Why anyone with no interest whatsoever in shooting, and living cheek by jowl with others on a  housing estate would want to own animals like that, I will never understand.

Must be a pain living next to them but hate this terminology for badly trained  dogs (highly reactive!). We have had 5 Labradors and not one of them has been a barker. Not into shooting either but they make just the best companions and wouldn’t be without one.

John 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

Must be a pain living next to them but hate this terminology for badly trained  dogs (highly reactive!). We have had 5 Labradors and not one of them has been a barker. Not into shooting either but they make just the best companions and wouldn’t be without one.

John 

OK badly trained. The owners seem to want to keep them in a constant state of heightened excitement. I don't blame the dogs.

• Like 1

certainly setting out to be hot here, already 34 outside with 4 more hours of getting hotter in store, indoors already at 30.6, one cold shower down, i currently have 4 fans, 3 of which are those chillmax ones, that also mist water, thats not cutting it and i have a spray bottle of water that gets sprayed into the fans, this cools me for several seconds, until the water evaporates again. I hung a wet towel in the bathroom window to cool the air coming in, thats already dried and been rewetted

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Currently 39 outside in Sheffield its going to be an hot night tonight they are forcasting still 30 at 9.00 pm

They are forecasting that it could well hit 42 in Worksop before 5pm!!

It looks set to cool down a lot quicker overnight tonight though. Will be down to 20 degrees by morning which will feel cold after today!!