Very Excited

58 minutes ago, wicketdevil22 said:

On Friday we went to see a boat and have paid a deposit now can't wait until the hiring season ends so we can pick it up. Hi one and all.

Congratulations and welcome to the empty wallet club :default_biggrin:

Hi wicketdevil22

A great feeling and when you pick her up make sure she is as you looked at her. I have just got home from 10days afloat and seriously thinking about next time we are on board.

Your own boat is a way of life and cheaper to run than a horse.

Enjoy every moment and encounter, even the ones that you approach for the first time.

Kindest Regards

Marge and Parge

2 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

OK, all I will say is that it doesnt have to be that high. Never see a skint vet though.

Same could be said for chandlers and repair yards :default_biggrin:. All these people seem to look over your shoulder to see how fat your wallet is before saying hello can I help :default_norty:.

Kindest Regards 

Marge and Parge

34 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Same could be said for chandlers . . . . . . . . . .

Strange places, chandlers!  I thought it was only ferrous metals that were attracted by magnetic forces, but chandlers seem to have the same effect on boat owners!  Brian Wards now being closed on Saturdays has helped my bank balance no end!  :default_biggrin:

3 hours ago, wicketdevil22 said:

On Friday we went to see a boat and have paid a deposit now can't wait until the hiring season ends so we can pick it up. Hi one and all.

Congratulations on your purchase.  We bought ours just over three years ago and have no regrets.  You will very soon discover the meaning of the word ‘boat,’ though, as we’ve done.  ( Bring Out Another Thousand.)

35 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Strange places, chandlers!  I thought it was only ferrous metals that were attracted by magnetic forces, but chandlers seem to have the same effect on boat owners!  Brian Wards now being closed on Saturdays has helped my bank balance no end!  :default_biggrin:

I have always thought that Aunty Wainwright on the Last of the Summer Wine should have run a Chandlers.   She could sell coal to Newcastle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, garryn said:

If you piece together all the clues my money is on Braemore the Alphacraft 36 from Barnes.

I would thoroughly recommend a survey.  I don’t know the boat myself but I have in the past bought an exhire from this yard and it was far from smooth sailing! 

We enjoyed our purchase as i am sure you will but it took a long time to get it to where we wanted it to be!  

• Like 1