Oh Well, Never Mind!

Vaughan

England played well I thought and agree about the Ref, he did choose to ignore a few things for sure, he should have gone to specsavers.

With some of the young players England have now such as little Saka they could do very well in the Euros. 

Well done England :default_xmas6: x

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I didn't watch it anyway.       :default_coat:

At least I can go down to the baker's shop this morning without fear of reprisals.

Trying to explain Brexit was bad enough . . . . 

Not quite as bad as living in the country but I did have to fly Lufthansa from Heathrow to Frankfurt on the Monday morning after Germany had just won Euro96 🫣

It amazes me that a bloke who "trains" for hours and hours can't kick a ball into a massive hole with another bloke stood in the middle of it.

On top of that he is regarded as the best this country has!!!!!!!!!!            And he gets paid a fortune for not being able to do his job properly

Jeff 

• Like 1

I understand how people feel.

I would think there is no one beating themselves up about missing the penalty more than he is right now, he looked broken walking off that pitch. He will fly home to his mansion or off on an exotic holiday but he is still a human being with feelings and no I am not a Spurs fan :default_biggrin:

:default_xmas6: x

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

And he gets paid a fortune for not being able to do his job properly

Credit where credit is due, they do get paid massive amounts of money playing for their clubs, too much in my opinion, however when playing for England they only get £2,000 per match appearance money, which since 2008 has always been donated to charity. Playing for your country is more about the honour, than the money.

I do believe though if the club wages were a lot lower more of the grass roots fans would be able to attend matches again. 

• Like 2

I'm not a big football fan by any means and rarely watch a match. I do  however support the Spurs and I  did actually watch the England match on Saturday. In fact to my own surprise I turned the air blue!  The ref' was a disgrace I thought. Not only failing for the most part to acknowledge fouls against England, he actually seemed to me to turn tail and run  off in the opposite direction whenever one ocurred.  My heart bled for Harry. That missed penalty will haunt him forever I should think.

Carole

• Like 3