Ranworth Update

CambridgeCabby

So is this all year round? I thought I read somewhere Nov to March there would be no fee but maybe i was imagining that. Thats the only time we would go there so if its charging all year, we wont be visiting again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lulu said:

So is this all year round? I thought I read somewhere Nov to March there would be no fee but maybe i was imagining that. Thats the only time we would go there so if its charging all year, we wont be visiting again. 

I would imagine , that since payment has to be made in the Visitor Center the fact that it is normally closed from November to late March then the fees will not apply then .

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

To become a parishioner you should attend a church regularly (no definition of what constitutes regular) , and either be baptised in the church or attend confirmation therein .

“a” church. So any church? 😃

I’ve spoken to Katie, we are afloat this weekend , and I intend to attend St Helen’s to reaffirm my affinity to the mother church and and partake in communion .

I will be most interested as to how this is construed by the BA powers that be as in doing so we will be members of the parish of St Helen’s and included in their records as parishioners .

• Like 2

Bad news guys…churches to ask members to sign up as members annually.  Anyway, that’s irrelevant as they mean people who live in the parish boundaries, not just those who attend church.

Love that photo. Mind you, if the church I go to attracted that many people they wouldn’t be able to get in! We struggle as it is for the Christmas services when we tend to be jam-packed. Our church is small and was in a tiny village, that’s now swallowed up in Milton Keynes. Wish we had a few more for the regular services, but the good news is that we are gradually attracting new people, and are gradually becoming a more diverse congregation, which is great. We’ve always been welcoming. 

I’m a bit disappointed that there’s no mention of seasonal charges on the Ranworth Moorings Board. Where are you supposed to pay out of season? 

Does this mean it's the beging of the End of Broads Authority Free Moorings in the near future as Neatishead Staithe is now being done up with a huge cost to the Toll payers and others to be kept up such a St Bennetts Abbey / How Hill this is a sad day for us all being on the Broads 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

In this case, I would think that by ‘parishioner’ they mean people who live in the parish and are eligible to vote for the parish council. 

What they mean (or wish) and the legal definition of a parishioner may well be different , the point is that when they took possession of the staithe they agreed that the moorings would be made available to parishioners (as opposed to residents of the parish) and if the agreement is worded as such then provided it is a parishioner wishing to moor their vessel the moorings should not be charged for otherwise the BA would be in breach .

Well, that confirms that we WON'T be mooring at Ranworth when we poodle in there most probably on 22nd or 23rd of April! If the weather permits and we can mudweight overnight, it'll be interesting to see how many boats do moor up! Just a thought - if one was to arrive at say 2pm and moor up at the staithe and stay overnight, does that mean it'll cost 15 quid! :default_ohmy:

Chris