Resources Down South

Ray

Having moved home moorings to the south last year I have access to the facilities at the wonderful Swancraft.

When out and about on a cruise though one doesn't always want to return home for water/pump outs etc.

There doesn't seem to be many obvious places to find these services though so if members would like to start and add to a list I'm sure I won't be the only one to benefit.... Thank you  👍

I can start with Brooms of course! 🙂

• Love 1

• Maxwellian changed the title to Resources Down South

Hippersons in Beccles for fuel and pump out.  Pacific Cruisers at Chedgrave for both and water, but not on changeover days.  Waveney River Centre are advertising fuel available on their website.  Beccles Yacht Station for water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Please, where’s Fineway?

I looked at a map and think it is listed as Quayway

8 minutes ago, grendel said:

is that the yard between hippersons and the bridge?

It looks like that's the one on the map 👍

3 hours ago, grendel said:

theres the place just opposite the great Yarmouth Yacht Station too

I think that's technically on the north Broads.

I recall on one of Dave Whitworth's videos he obtained a pump out on Oulton Broad, at the marina on the right as you head towards the Yacht Station - Broadsway?

7 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

I think that's technically on the north Broads.

I recall on one of Dave Whitworth's videos he obtained a pump out on Oulton Broad, at the marina on the right as you head towards the Yacht Station - Broadsway?

Trying to think if I have seen pump out facilities there or not. 

My initial thoughts are no at Tingdene. May be something in Tubbys though 

Tingdene on Oulton Broad offer a self service pump out for private boats only. You need a token from the marina office (rarely manned at times) and the last time I used it the screw in adaptor for the boats deck fitting was missing. They said they were not intending to replace it incase it went missing again!

• Sad 1

When on the Waveney I think we’ll stick with Hippersons who have been very helpful to us when we have been on Water Rail. You do need to phone them in advance though, as they sometimes need to rearrange their day boats or allow time for them to be picked up. 

• Like 2