Lads Week 2023

grendel

Moored up at griffs corner, my turn to cook aboard Broad ambition,  so tonight we have stew and mash, the stew has been simmering since 16.30, potatoes in the pot just need boiling at 18.30, then mashing, pudding is apple pie, bramley apples with a sprinkle of sugar, topped with shortcrust pastry, with fresh made ( from powder) birds custard. 2 bottles (1 red one rose) of Australian wine  (it had kangaroos on the label)- and that's my extent of wine knowledge).

Lovely peaceful spot here at griffs corner, just the sounds of nature interspersed with the splashes of fishing gear deployment. 

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, charlesa said:

I must have missed the switch over but can I ask why you guys changed from the Jewels to the Symphonies ?

I suspect because they have had no breakdowns this year. They are not on first name terms with any of the Barnes mechanics, indeed they don't even know if they exist, and hopefully that continues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We did have to get the Barnes engineer out as it happens. Day one - Friday, S2 ran out of propane, both bottles during evening scran which spoilt my steaks somewhat. On checking, S3 was only marginally better 

Engineer arrived Saturday morning at 0730 as agreed with four gas bottles. Great response and no complaints from us

Griff

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Can I ask where exactly that is?

///scorching.inflamed.tidal

///surcharge.ticket.duty

This general  area- currently  not getting a good  accuracy figure for my exact location (100m accuracy)

Room to Moor 4 boats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

Blimey has our Grendel lost the plot

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

No the plot thickens

What 3  Words is an innovation in location finding

Basically, the whole world is divided into 3 meter squares all with a unique to that area 3 word sentence i.e ///scorching.inflamed.tidal

Read all about it here https://what3words.com/about

Used by lots of emergency agencies now.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Thanks, yes, I can place it now. Must be just upstream of the Mill 

DSC_1997.JPG

Pipe Line doesn't appear to be a public footpath, but a track of some sort. If it is passable to access the Green dotted line (public footpath) then using a combination of paths and roads the radar museum is quite accessible from there and about 2 miles to either end of Horning depending on which paths and roads you take.

• Like 2

If I recall, its a piece of steel piling and an actual piece of the old flood defences which is still doing its job and which was not replaced when they they put in the new flood defences.

The other side of the river they put in a new soke dyke but that bit has always been there and as I said left to fulfill its proper function - its one of the few bits left and may have something to do with Neaves Mill.

P.S. Pipeline is the discharge from Horning Sewerage Works around the back

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marshman said:

If I recall, its a piece of steel piling and an actual piece of the old flood defences which is still doing its job and which was not replaced when they they put in the new flood defences.

The other side of the river they put in a new soke dyke but that bit has always been there and as I said left to fulfill its proper function - its one of the few bits left and may have something to do with Neaves Mill.

P.S. Pipeline is the discharge from Horning Sewerage Works around the back

My dear Mr Grendle.

I am given to understand that it is often your wont to immerse yourself in the sparkling waters of the Norfolk Broads. An early morning constitutional if you will. I urgently advise that you have a peep up the aforementioned Horning sewage pipe as recalled by our revered member MM, known as Boggey to his nearest and dearest. If and only if, there exist an unknown as opposed to a known up the pipe, I strongly advise that you extricate yourself with due haste. 

Do not wear a mask. Do not ingest the Ant. Keep focused. Return to the boat retaining your modesty and all will be well.

Tootle pip. Enjoy your holiday.

Old Wussername. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3