Lads Week 2023

grendel

16 minutes ago, andyfish said:

How do Griff

Is there owt to stop anyone mooring there overnight?

Not saying I would though

The bollards stop just in front of Broad Ambition,  but otherwise we couldn't see anything, elsewhere along there are no mooring  signs, but not here, plus its handy for Morriston, 

MM I believe there were only 6 partaking of the 36 shots, so 6 each

• Like 3

5 hours ago, andyfish said:

How do Griff

Is there owt to stop anyone mooring there overnight?

Not saying I would though

There used to be a sign there saying something like 2hr short stay moorings but last time I was there that sign had gone. There is no no mooring signs so I presumed them still open and popped to the Redwell brewery tap room. The beer was good and we may have stayed a little longer than 2 hours.

• Like 3

Well it was off again, we left a bit earlier and popped in to the white heron for a jar or two, also a new connector was purchased for the mast electrics, I guess that will be down to me to fit. From Brundall we headed downstream for  Cantley and the reedcutters for our evening session, and a game of darts maybe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meantime said:

There used to be a sign there saying something like 2hr short stay moorings but last time I was there that sign had gone. There is no no mooring signs so I presumed them still open and popped to the Redwell brewery tap room. The beer was good and we may have stayed a little longer than 2 hours.

The tap room sounds good, I'll try that. I used to love Redwell Steam (gluten-free beer) at The Lion but they stopped selling it there unfortunately. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

The tap room sounds good, I'll try that. I used to love Redwell Steam (gluten-free beer) at The Lion but they stopped selling it there unfortunately. 

It's about a mile walk from the Morrisons mooring.

The Coldham Hall Tavern also had a couple of Redwell beers on a week ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stopped at the reedcutters, proper old style pub, after we had eaten our tea, we went in and played darts all evening, we were made very welcome, so a great stop for overnighting for the lads week crews.we had been told they were shutting at 10.30 when we arrived ( for stocktaking) but when we asked at 10 pm, we were told they would shut when we left, so all good there, mind you we had easily 10 of us drinking and playing darts all evening, in a lovely convivial atmosphere.

It looks like I am the first awake this morning,  and that was a good 2 hours later than my normal waking time.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Sorry late to the post but can I just ask,   the Morrisons mooring in Norwich,  how far is the Morrisons from there.    Our old legs dont walk too far these days.    Is it obvious that it is a mooring?

As grendel said, it’s really not far. I use it fairly regularly, wheel the trolley back to the boat and, while I stash things away, my husband walks the trolley back. It’s a bit shaky on the cobbley bits but no real problem. 
The mooring is just before the NoviSad white bridge almost in front of a block of flats. Definitely recommended as long as the free mooring lasts. Incidentally there are other shops there too - Boots, Matalan, B&M to name a few. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope I am not falling foul of the group rules by saying this. The Reedcutters is a much overlooked Broads pub which a lot of people appear to cruise by. Good beer, good pub food, and good hospitality. The moorings are often less crowded than the like of Reedham, and the views of the river can be spectacular. We love the place 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

Sorry late to the post but can I just ask,   the Morrisons mooring in Norwich,  how far is the Morrisons from there.    Our old legs dont walk too far these days.    Is it obvious that it is a mooring?

The two images below show where the mooring is and the rough route to Morrisons. There are no obvious signs saying it is a mooring, but there is a lack of No Mooring signs there.

Mooring.jpg.3e70549ea841ddaa1199aa345b3dd63c.jpgMooring2.thumb.jpg.6ba2e8d34a21e16ea41bdd31c55b6450.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The Reedcutters pub also has shoreside heads that are unlocked overnight and accessible from the car park. It really is a very good all rounder

Flotilla sailed at 1000 in warm sunshine again. We are due for a  stop at Reedham including a DTS prior to crossing Breydon bound for ‘Griffs Corner’

Griff

• Like 5

4 hours ago, vanessan said:

As grendel said, it’s really not far. I use it fairly regularly, wheel the trolley back to the boat and, while I stash things away, my husband walks the trolley back. It’s a bit shaky on the cobbley bits but no real problem. 
The mooring is just before the NoviSad white bridge almost in front of a block of flats. Definitely recommended as long as the free mooring lasts. Incidentally there are other shops there too - Boots, Matalan, B&M to name a few. 

Wait till they hear that I want to moor there, you can bottom dollar it will be closed to us.   A bit like the Free TV licence that when I go to 75 , that was cancelled.     Thank you so much for your very detailed explanation,  you must have known I was wondering and looking at Google maps but with my pusher that does seem doable.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meantime said:

The two images below show where the mooring is and the rough route to Morrisons. There are no obvious signs saying it is a mooring, but there is a lack of No Mooring signs there.

Mooring.jpg.3e70549ea841ddaa1199aa345b3dd63c.jpgMooring2.thumb.jpg.6ba2e8d34a21e16ea41bdd31c55b6450.jpg

Thank you I shall keep your maps in my holiday box.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

Thank you I shall keep your maps in my holiday box.

We moor just before the bridge on the Yacht station side, you can just about see Morrisons from there.  I would not want to stop here over night as there are large deep gaps between the wooden posts ok if you have a mooring board but it needs some very well placed fenders. 

• Like 2