Lads Week 2023

grendel

Last night here at Loddon, we ate our evening dinner onboard at 1930, very good it was too. It was way past sunset, what was unusual for the first week in October the sliding canopy was still open, no damp and mild. AL-Fresco dining at this time of year? Most welcome 

Griff

• Like 8

Flotilla alongside at Norwich yacht station still in t sunshine. Crews ashore en mass for the showers.

At the request of crews they wanted longer alongside in Norwich. They have got there request. We remain here till 1500 tomorrow but will move to a downstream free mooring before 1000 tomorrow for a change of scenery and to avoid another days berthing fee

This afternoon the Lads will board ‘B.A’ for a trip up to New Mills pond then an afternoon DTS in t ribs of beef on their way back

Griff 

• Like 8

If Oulton Broad is on the lads agenda I can recommend making the effort to reach The Stanford Arms. See below for today's menu.

Also if extra provisions are needed there is now a brand new Londis at the petrol station near Oulton Broad North station.

20231008_161108.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Meantime said:

If Oulton Broad is on the lads agenda I can recommend making the effort to reach The Stanford Arms. See below for today's menu.

Also if extra provisions are needed there is now a brand new Londis at the petrol station.

And there was me thinking menu- ooh good...food! :default_dunce:

Hope the Londis is cheaper than the Nisa that opened up earlier in the year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

And there was me thinking menu- ooh good...food! :default_dunce:

Hope the Londis is cheaper than the Nisa that opened up earlier in the year!

It was good, good beer! :default_beerchug:

Cannot vouch for the Londis as I haven't been in there yet, but just thought it might be useful!

• Like 1

It got a tad messy last night. Our crew went to Compleat Angler for Sunday tea. All was going well till the budget angler and Londonrascal turned up with a paddle of shots from t bar. 

Thirty six shots later and we were able to talk drivel all the way back t boats. We all so managed not to be able to open the combination lock to the moorings so had to clamber over t fence. Turned out we were entering the correct numbers but in the wrong order :default_biggrin:

Anyroadup a good night had by all. One crew member lost a fair few beer chits in some sort of late night establishment enhanced by female beauty so I was informed 

The yacht station prices have increased way above the rate of inflation, however the facilities are good with showers, fresh water and waste disposal included, between us we had a lot of showers. The Ba male attendant was good too, helpful without being in yer face

We sailed at 0845 down river to the free moorings by the Morrisons outlet. Used Wetherspoons for Breakfast. We stay here till 1500. Wx - sunny and mild

Griff

IMG_3810.jpeg

• Like 3