Broom And The White Heron

Mouldy

29 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Have you just managed to use "Herbert Woods" and "finest" in the same sentence? :default_norty:

I had my sarcastic mode switched on! :default_biggrin:  Last minute booking and all we could get.

• Like 2

Hello all.

My wife and i are pleased to read that Broom boats have been taken over by real world boat enthusiasts and not game playing entitled investors, we have hired the brilliant boats for many years and the fantastic staff have always been very helpful and welcoming

We have booked for a week in October and did wonder if we could still go after reading that the site was up for sale but now it looks like we will be going after all and we are looking forward to it very much starting with a drink and lunch at the White Heron

We dont post very often but do keep a watch on what is going on, it is an excellent and informative website,

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice comments cheers everyone, we have been hard at it for a very long while now but the last couple of days have been crazy, there has been some lovely feedback, hopefully that will turn into moorings and service centre work! we have overhauled the way Brooms quote for jobs and made it simpler and less expencive, the pub and kiosk now accept cash and we will look at  the Guinness price! 

we have availability in October for the hire boats so get in touch if you can support us in any way.. 

Such a shame the BBC couldnt get the article right from the press release I gave them but most of the work was done By Victoria behind the scenes, those of you who know her will realise who gets it done...

cheers Clive and Victoria

• Like 28

I am glad to see that Brooms finally has a true Gentleman of the Broads at it's helm. At last, someone who realises the needs and wants of the consumers he deals with.

I wish you and Victoria all the best with the new venture.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

Nice comments cheers everyone, we have been hard at it for a very long while now but the last couple of days have been crazy, there has been some lovely feedback, hopefully that will turn into moorings and service centre work! we have overhauled the way Brooms quote for jobs and made it simpler and less expencive, the pub and kiosk now accept cash and we will look at  the Guinness price! 

we have availability in October for the hire boats so get in touch if you can support us in any way.. 

Such a shame the BBC couldnt get the article right from the press release I gave them but most of the work was done By Victoria behind the scenes, those of you who know her will realise who gets it done...

cheers Clive and Victoria

Sounds a like you’ve already made some changes for the better can’t wait to see the site flourish which we all know it will. 
many happy childhood memories of being about brooms and brundall when dad had a boat there. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BrundallNavy said:

Does any one know the current fuel and pump out prices. 

The Diesel is currently £1.75, I think we can bring this down a bit but it is GTL which is a bit more than normal diesel, I had suggested just using normal red but there is opposition so it will remain

the pump outs are £25 per tank.. we may change this to separate prices or a single or a double but I think £25 is fairly standard.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What is the benefit of GTL over fame free red? £1.32 at beacon is a big difference to £1.75 to a yard full of brammerton sea going boats.

How does GTL go with old fuel systems under real load?

If the weather plays fair for my next holiday in a few weeks I will be looking at 450-500 litres on the way out and +£200 difference is a huge decider in where I'll go, not an issue to broads boats using maybe 50 litres on a big run but there's a lot of big boats in Broom that lust after such low MPG and some actually go places.

where is Beacon? 

The GTL mixes with Diesel ok but im no expert on the performance of it under load etc, as I understand it they are the same but im sure someone will correct me. 

I dont think the kiosk is short of customers but I still try and give good value, we have only been there 4 days so have plenty of priorities. 

• Like 5

According to Shell it can be used in existing engines but it doesn't say how old those engines are! £1.75 is actually not too bad for GTL.
As for pump outs Sutton Staithe is £17 or £18, (cannot remember!), for 1 and £25 for 2 plus you get 1 free after 10, free s**t!  Richardson's are £20 for one, not sure about 2

• Like 1

Hi The benefits of GTL diesel are.Eviamently safe, longer shelf life with no degation, 10 years against 1 year for FAME and non Fame, Not likely to be affected by Diesel bug doesn't degrade hoses as does fame, burns cleaner with up to 50% less pollution, no sulfur or metals, and engine can run quieter. The downside is, it costs' more and very slightly less mpg. John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moored up today for a quick stop at the white heron moorings to drop into Brian wards for contact cleaner ( just rea.ised I forgot to ask for my discount). Then off again, the front end of the finger pontoons are very wobbly, so take it easy.

• Like 2

On 08/08/2024 at 17:54, floydraser said:

I was trained in customer service and reckon I'm qualified to criticise - Clive's is perfect! 

I thought there was a law of etiquette which says you shouldn't quote yourself but...

Ditto the Wards - perfect neighbours! :default_biggrin: