Nbn Forum Meet Up 2025

CambridgeCabby

It is almost time to start arranging next years Forum meet up , at this years get together it was suggested  by some members that we could hold the annual meet on the Southern Broads for a change (Beccles) if the majority of members wishing to attend would prefer this I would suggest the weekend of Friday 20th June , Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd as this would mean the weekend of the longest day meaning ease of passage for those travelling South .

If the majority would prefer remaining on the Northern B-roads then the 3rd weekend in May (as per norm) would be the suggested date ie 15/16/17 May 2025 

please let us know which you would prefer to attend 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just a few ideas?

Not sure if 2025 tide tables are available anywhere yet?  If so maybe we could pick a weekend with a Friday morning tide.  Meet Stracey Arms on Thursday evening then cruise through Yarmouth together with Friday night at Oulton Broad.  Then CiC To Beccles for Saturday night.  

Is it possible to have 2 x meets, 1 north and 1 south?  Happy to help organise.

• Like 2

I can probably do either or both, beccles is no problem as that is my home base and can be done on a long weekend if needs be. North I need at least an extra day at each end to get up there and back, so tend to combine it with a week afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bikertov said:

Being that I will be attending on land, I am easy for either location.

How do Beccles facilities compare for road access and picnic location ?

Free parking on the Main road by the bridge, big layby, only a short walk across the playing field to the moorings. Large grassy area behind moorings even bigger space the other side of the path

image.png.2c916d2b0f536d3b23b8c17c490300bf.png

Boat shows meets usually on South bank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it helps...

You can get 40 boats stern on along the south side (this side has electric hook-ups) plus 5 boats side on along the river front. 

The north side can take about 40 stern on's though it's a bit tight, however, no electric posts. There is more useable grass on the north side if extra space is needed.

On the south side you can bring a support vehicle right up to your event but north it's not as easy and you may be asked to vacate once you have unloaded.

Of course, your area may be dictated by who has already booked and where so giving Martin, the harbour master, a ring will reveal all.

Having organised events at Beccles Yacht Station for 10 years now I have always found the venue and the staff first class. Yes, the showers need a refurb, but are acceptable and Beccles town itself is lovely.

Oulton Broad Yacht Station are also spot on and will block book whatever you need. Again everything is there and maybe booking the entire outside of the pontoon would be ideal?

As an aside, I have never been able to support the Salhouse meet as it clashes with an annual commitment elsewhere. Selfishly I'd welcome a southern meet in June :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

A CINC from Oulton Broad would be good and maybe invite MTB 102 to come??

I have arranged this before now with the defunct nbf

There will be a cost involved - two passages through Mutford lock, plus diesel used for her trip to Beccles and back

I can make enquiries about the likely costs if the forum / forumites are prepared to cover the costs?

Griff

BA NBN 003.JPG

• Like 3

Doh! I swapped our 20th June allocation on Moonlight Shadow. Still, I can’t begrudge our American shareholders the swap. I’m amazed they are so loyal to the syndicate after all these years (they are now among the three or four members who joined before we did) and next year they are apparently planning to bring the grandchildren over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1