A very warm welcome aboard Andrea, this is a very nice place to be, hope you enjoy being here as much as I have

My husband and brothers design and erect signs for shops/businesses etc and the most sure fire way of getting a sign noticed is to spell a word wrong (easily rectified most of the time) people seem to flock for miles to point it out, maybe Clive is a whole lot cleverer than we give him credit for :naughty:

I have had a peep once elsewhere, totally ignoring it and see Clive's publication for what it is, bloody brilliant in my humble opinion

Grace

• Like 7

Well done Clive and Richardson,

For several years people have been asking for just such a publication, now it has arrived and very comprehensive.

What is the difference between double mooring and stern mooring?

Stern mooring allows you to damage 2 boats (1 either side) :angel:

• Like 5

I too have had a look at the other place, jeez storm in a tea cup. Like you say Clive you can't please everyone. I think all us here can see what your company are trying to do for thr broads and of course your in business to make money and have many hundreds of employees to think about. I think we all see the enthusiasm Paul and you have for what you do Clive, so crack on your doing a great job. From what IV seen Clive you guys are the first to put your hands when something is wrong..

• Like 2

....What is the difference between double mooring and stern mooring?

Stern mooring allows you to damage 2 boats (1 either side)

Joking apart, what is uppermost in my mind if and when I have to come alongside another's boat, is the damage I might do to theirs - rather than the damage I might do to mine.

Regards,

Paul

Not read it all yet as only just managed to get it on the pc. Looks nice and glossy though and lots of information which will be useful to a lot of people.

Well done Richardsons :clap  :clap  :clap

Not wishing to be a detractor and these are, I hasten to add, minor points in what looks like a jolly good read, but not sure they have been pointed out yet (maybe for V2).

Page 156 says continued from page 157

Also on page 156 under the stern on mooring to another craft it says -  Your allotted crew member can step aboard the adjacent boat (nobody will mind)

with the stern rope, pull your boat into position and tie up. 

Really ought to say please ask like the other comments about double mooring

Oh and finally, the double mooring diagram is the same as the Broads Authority site - it's actually wrong in that the outer boats long mooring lines should go direct to the shore. A bit pedantic I know, but in a strong tidal flow, such as at Reedham, you will put a lot of strain on the inner boats cleats doing it the way it is shown - especially the stern ones when the tidal flow changes. 

As I said minor points, and please don't think I am a whinger as it looks a good publication, but just wanted to point these out.

:bow  :bow  :bow  :bow  :bow

• Like 1

MM I did mention the mooring line question in a previous post (I meant to anyway).

As I have had this problem before. Not on a Richardsons vessel I might add.

Me being nice I would probably offer the loan of a couple of long mooring warps though in that situation.

I do wonder if many private boats would have warps that long though, but at least with the knots we could join a couple together.

• Like 1

Baitrunner, Some good points well spotted, although with regard to the stern on mooring, if on board then I would more than likely already be taking a line and helping the boat in. If not on board, then I would much rather they stepped on board my boat, than come at it with the dreaded boat hook to fend off. :shocked

• Like 2

Hi All,

With my Mod Hat on, the discussion in general has not been snipping, more like frustration, more than likely, for many. Some folks may feel they have an axe to grind, that person if anyone should be Clive IMHO, but, as someone else said be above that snipping please, all.

I much prefer having it light hearted, I like MM being silly, he chears me up many a day ta MM :clap

What I am trying to say is.....behave and you won't know or read a post from us pesky Mods that Grace call us all :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

Nice post Maurice and my sentiments exactly! Storm in a Teacup! Molehill out of a Mountain, I like to think Forums are for debating things not turning things into personal attacks, fortunatly we do the debating thing very well here and although we don't always agree what companys like Richo's do, on the whole we support all Broads based companys even when they make mistakes, and I know that there are members here that will contact a company and point a mistake out to  them before declaring war on them, it's one of the reasons love this site and the people here,,,

Frank,,,

Remember that if you P*** into the wind! at some point it's going to come back at you! :naughty:

• Like 2

Iain! I think I'll award you my Lost The Plot Badge, I was refering to post 71 by Maurice, but if it makes you feel better I agree with your Mod post as well, In fact just in case anyone feels left out I agree with everything that has been said here, someone mentioned axes to grind! here's a little fact! A blunt Axe takes longer to kill someone than a sharp one and is more dangerous! leave a man with a blunt Axe and eventually he will kill himself when it bounces back at him, some will understand what I mean, others will say whats the Looney on about now??

Frank,,,,

Frank,

Thank you, always wanted one! (That Badge) I stand corrected, well seated really. I read so many posts the old grey cells turn into mush.

Its when I read the Tea Cup I knew I had typed that  :grin: Please forgive my transgression. Ta muchly.

cheers Iain.

Clive for what it is worth I think it is a great GUIDE to the Broads, only the pendants seem to think it is the new riverway rule book.

You don't claim it to be the definitive GUIDE to the Broads.

You have not claimed devine right to set the rules.

You have produced a very good and welcome GUIDE book.

Now can I have a copy or not.

All those worried about double moorers should go park in that well known supermarket around Stalham that terrifies me even walking through the carpark!!

paul

• Like 4

Clive for what it is worth I think it is a great GUIDE to the Broads, only the pendants seem to think it is the new riverway rule book.

You don't claim it to be the definitive GUIDE to the Broads.

You have not claimed devine right to set the rules.

You have produced a very good and welcome GUIDE book.

Now can I have a copy or not.

All those worried about double moorers should go park in that well known supermarket around Stalham that terrifies me even walking through the carpark!!

paul

Paul,

I use the disabled parking at THAT place when I am down, could not agree more, you take your poor cars life into your hands trying to get back out reversing!

Think some must think its the old crash bang wallop (stock car) track down at GY! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

I am not supposed to give them out, if you visit us at the show you will get one if you ask on our stand. (no other stands have them :party:)

They are available to download from my link and I have agreed to give some to our private moorers.

I wont start posting them just yet and I have to be careful there are enough for our hirers as it would be silly if we ran out :oops:

we don't have any here at present (I don't think) but after the show I will have a few to give away but the reception wont I doubt...

There may be some for sale in a couple of local shops if I can wangle it so please don't be offended if you are not lucky enough to be one of our valued customers (which they all are :smile:)

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that Clive, looks like it has to be blackmail. :) photoshop, what a great program.

Seriously, there must be a good market to sell these at local shops or your receptions. Bigger print run next time.

Perhaps the first run will become collectors items like stamps with slight printing errors. :)

• Like 2

Now this is getting ridiculous, you are all bombarding Clive with sweet talk, trying to butter him up for a free copy, terrible behaviour in my opinion.

I wouldn't dream of behaving this way to a very handsome man who happens to own the best boat yard on the entire planet, now please will you all behave yourselves :naughty:

Grace

• Like 9

Gracie! you told me you though Clive was a Plonker! Oh! hang on that wasn't you it was me wasn't it? and I don't care because I already have a copy that my daughter got me from the boat show, so until I need something Clive your still a Plonker,, :taunt:

Frank,,,,

• Like 2