Someone to reupholster cabin headlining

Wildfuzz

Can any Forumite recommend a good upholster to reline the inside of my (small) cabin. Recently been let down by someone and now need a good trades person to do the job for me. Stalham area and most of the prep work will be done for them.

Stuart

Stuart! we have used this guy several times for canopies and can't fault his work or his prices, he does upholstery and all the other stuff as well,

Raven (Marine) Upholstery

Unit 28b, Stalham Rd Industrial Estate, NR12 8DZ

Tel: 01603 781833

Frank,,,

• 1 year later...

So sorry to hear that this job has dragged on for so long.  

Have you tried Custom Craft Brundall?  They have done work for us in Moonlight Shadow and did a good job. 

Once they took something away while we were in board for our week, turning it round so that the next person on board was not inconvenienced.

Sue

1 hour ago, ZimbiIV said:

Stuart have you tried Creative Covers in Catfield

Tel: 01692 583363 Mob: 07786 007 609

paul

Yes many times including this morning, they have yet to get back to me and their inbox is now full and not receiving messages. must admit I was disappointed as I have had my hood repaired by them and it was a first class job. I spoke to one of the staff last Spring and they said they would come and quote, but alas, still waiting......

• Like 1

Creative Covers really do excellent work but they have become very difficult to contact. I believe that much of their work has been picked up through 'word of mouth'. I also learnt a little while ago that they were doing a substantial amount of work for Freedom. If that is still the case, I would guess that this will be a very busy time of year for them as boats are being refurbished for the 2017 season. It's a shame if they are losing business through lack of communication channels. 

A certain someone (I.e Me :) ) has just landed a job working for a firm who do commercial bespoke interiors (and lots more) (Loving it so far peeps really am!!! Like working on Orca all day and being paid for it!!!)..

Sadly most companies are busy as there's not many of us around, I already have a 3 month waiting list! maybe PM me anyway and tell me whats what, if it's something quick and easy maybe able to find a gap ;)

cheers 

• Like 6

Creative Covers managed to do very little for Freedom last year and were very late with the job and failed to even template the other. They are snowed under. 

Similarly with Richard at Snugtopz. He's quoting around a 4 month lead time. 

I have never tried Raven in Hoveton. I won't recommend anyone I have had a bad experience with or have seen poor work from - take form that what you like. 

As for headlining, please can you provide me some details. A padded board headlining is something we can do relatively easily (though probably not for a month or so). Suspended  headlining is also possible, but less desirable in my view.

• Like 2

Stuart,

You like your woodwork how about a nice bit of antique pine tongue and groove, then you can get your 70's flares out again?

It sounds like Jaws (Alan) needs to finish his apprenticeship quickly and move to Norfolk, ready (self) employment available.

At Eastwards we saw boats outside Creative getting work done.

paul

• Like 1

:) There's a lot more people in Norfolk though Paul.. down here we have no competition lol ;).. I've got a few things do on mum and dads boat so can already get up to norfolk

I've seen creatives work... sadly I'm not impressed but canopy and headlining is two very different things.. I've not seen any of their such work.

Obviously this time will be busy for all as everyone wants stuff done before the warm weather arrives.

3 hours ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

Creative Covers managed to do very little for Freedom last year and were very late with the job and failed to even template the other. They are snowed under. 

Similarly with Richard at Snugtopz. He's quoting around a 4 month lead time. 

I have never tried Raven in Hoveton. I won't recommend anyone I have had a bad experience with or have seen poor work from - take form that what you like. 

As for headlining, please can you provide me some details. A padded board headlining is something we can do relatively easily (though probably not for a month or so). Suspended  headlining is also possible, but less desirable in my view.

Thank you for the update on Creative Covers Andy, they have obviously bitten off more than they can chew and that's a shame for a business that had built itself from scratch. I hope they manage to sort out their priorities and get back on an even keel.

Seems it might be a problem to get work done in the short term, would it be possible to create a list of sailmakers, repairers etc as this is a question that gets asked from time to time?

2 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Thank you for the update on Creative Covers Andy, they have obviously bitten off more than they can chew and that's a shame for a business that had built itself from scratch. I hope they manage to sort out their priorities and get back on an even keel.

Seems it might be a problem to get work done in the short term, would it be possible to create a list of sailmakers, repairers etc as this is a question that gets asked from time to time?

Hello Vanessan,

Here is a link to our section on the forums that covers your request:-

http://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/forum/185-chandlerssupplierssail-canopies/ 

It can be found by going to visiting the broads/useful links

Regards

Alan

2 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

:) There's a lot more people in Norfolk though Paul.. down here we have no competition lol ;).. I've got a few things do on mum and dads boat so can already get up to norfolk

I've seen creatives work... sadly I'm not impressed but canopy and headlining is two very different things.. I've not seen any of their such work.

Obviously this time will be busy for all as everyone wants stuff done before the warm weather arrives.

Creative did a lot of work for us a few years back, canopies and upholstery work. What they did was excellent and very competitively priced. I know of others too who have been very satisfied with their work and would be happy to recommend them. Shame they are overloaded with work at the moment........!

4 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Vanessan,

Here is a link to our section on the forums that covers your request:-

http://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/forum/185-chandlerssupplierssail-canopies/ 

It can be found by going to visiting the broads/useful links

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, I should have searched a bit better shouldn't I?! :?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timbo said:

PM on its way!

PM below :huh: ; (You dingbat!!) :P... You have far too much time and Energy Tim ;) 

Right you see...what happens is...right, when it's spring...right the flowers sort of, you know, and the bees, well they sort of wotsit and well, they all sort of...Look it's like well, you go out for a couple of shandies with the lads and somewhere between dropping your kebab down your shirt and getting in the taxi...well there's ...wimmin involved. So at first its all, you know 'hows your father' but you stay clear of him, and then its all that not going out with your mates any more unless she comes with you and then next thing you're 'olding her hair out the way while she's being sick in the bog...that's when you know, and then its all like kids everywhere and then you're working your bum off and then next thing the solicitor gets involved and then it's all like settlements and stuff and you lose your house and your car and your boat and then the solicitor send you a bill and then there's something to do with pollen and stuff and that's when you find out what's what!

I'd have thought your Dad would have explained all this to you young man! :facepalm:

• Like 2

Creative did some work for us and were very good and cheap. Was before they went north though. We were at Eastwoods then so easy to hassle them!!!

However gave up waiting for them to get back to us after chasing them for last 2 yrs to do our canopy. Does sound like they have too much other, probably regular contract work now. I'm glad they have plenty of work, but would be nice if they just said can't do it. Ever!!!!

it does seem like canopy and upholstery workers are in short supply in Norfolk. 

Shift your backside Alan :naughty:

• Like 3