Someone to reupholster cabin headlining

Wildfuzz

On 1/14/2017 at 8:44 PM, Baitrunner said:

Creative did some work for us and were very good and cheap. Was before they went north though. We were at Eastwoods then so easy to hassle them!!!

However gave up waiting for them to get back to us after chasing them for last 2 yrs to do our canopy. Does sound like they have too much other, probably regular contract work now. I'm glad they have plenty of work, but would be nice if they just said can't do it. Ever!!!!

it does seem like canopy and upholstery workers are in short supply in Norfolk. 

Shift your backside Alan :naughty:

I phoned them for a quote last summer. Not very interested, not prepared to visit to measure up without making a charge.

By way of complete contrast, we visited the Jeckells stand at the boat show yesterday (we have a new project under way). Enormously helpful, very happy to visit us free of charge to have a look and prepare a proper quote. I don't expect they will be cheap, but they have already gone a long way to securing our business.

We also went to the sailmaker Jeckells stand to talk about valeting and repair. Similarly helpful, enormously impressed. Even though Chris Jeckells tried to sell us new sails at the same time:)

Edited by Guest
Edit request

People even charge to quote?! wow I'll have to pass than one by my boss.. could make a killing just doing that!!

I'm just one of many at our firm so if you do need bits PM me and I can advise if we can do it.. I don't mind spending a couple of days in Norfork running round getting some patterns! Certainly if my boss is paying me!!  

Paul, I do need to do quite a bit on the folks so I'll message you when we are next up and I can see what you need.. Cushions or repairs which can be taken away to my workshop are obviously easier.

This time next year I'll be a millionnaire!! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Spider said:

I phoned them for a quote last summer. Not very interested, not prepared to visit to measure up without making a substantial charge, gave an astronomical "indication" of the sort of figure we were looking at. Would not go near them again.

Was talking to Mrs Spider earlier and I may be being unfair to Creative Covers - I've reported the incident correctly but there is a possibility that I may have confused them with another local company. I won't name them as that would only make things worse. I wonder if a kind mod would edit my original post to make it less specific?

57 minutes ago, Spider said:

Was talking to Mrs Spider earlier and I may be being unfair to Creative Covers - I've reported the incident correctly but there is a possibility that I may have confused them with another local company. I won't name them as that would only make things worse. I wonder if a kind mod would edit my original post to make it less specific?

Good on you for coming clean on this Spider, I for one am glad that it wasn't Creative having recommended them previously. :91_thumbsup:

Whilst I can appreciate your reasons for not wanting to name the other company, it might be useful if you did so members are aware and can avoid if they want to. 

• Like 1

Just now, SueH said:

So sorry to hear that this job has dragged on for so long.  

Have you tried Custom Craft Brundall?  They have done work for us in Moonlight Shadow and did a good job. 

Once they took something away while we were in board for our week, turning it round so that the next person on board was not inconvenienced.

Sue

Yes, Customcraft do a great job,but they are far from cheap. However, having seen their work on other boats, i WILL recommend them, but i don`t know whether they work off site.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, 2 x emails and still no appointment despite them asking when I am free, I gave them an open window and no reply so looks like I am back to square one. So my thoughts are to have a go myself, its a fairly simple and small cabin. I would like to use a thin carpet up to the ceiling level, there is a suitable line to tuck into, and perhaps the same on the ceiling. it is a direct fix to GRP which I have already prepared.

So any advice tips on suitable materials and adhesive?

S.

Mr Fuzz! give this place a ring! he's near Aquafax on the estate, he's done work for us a few times, his work is great and his prices arn't bad,, if all that fails I'll have a word with my son in law he's a carpet fitter and done a few boats including mine, just message me and I'll pass it on,

Raven (Marine) Upholstery

Tel: 01603 781833

Unit 28b, Stalham Rd Industrial Estate, Hoveton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 8DZ

The only problem I find with vinyl is that it traps moisture, when I bought my last boat I had to remove it all, as the back was thick with black mould due to a couple of leaks from the grab rails, if I was going the vinyl route I'd use the breathable type with the holes in.

• Like 1

Ok I have someone who will fit the lining for me (Thanks Frank). Now some advice on material, I have decided on a carpet type lining but need to know which is preferred, I looked at a stretchy one but the fitter says this can wear quickly, so I need a reasonably hard wearing, easy to fit lining. I have decided against vinyl or the foam backed vinyls as the one I removed was very poor. Who suggests what, and why????

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, Baitrunner said:

Creative did some work for us and were very good and cheap. Was before they went north though. We were at Eastwoods then so easy to hassle them!!!

However gave up waiting for them to get back to us after chasing them for last 2 yrs to do our canopy. Does sound like they have too much other, probably regular contract work now. I'm glad they have plenty of work, but would be nice if they just said can't do it. Ever!!!!

it does seem like canopy and upholstery workers are in short supply in Norfolk. 

Shift your backside Alan :naughty:

I paid a deposit to Creative 5 months ago to have a new canopy fitted over the upper helm, still have no idea when they will be doing it, communication is terrible and answers when you do get them are very vague, will update if I get anywhere with them but seriously tempted in the meantime to go elsewhere.....

cheers

trev.

My daughter had a smashing job done by Jeckells during the summer. She used a 'cheap' company before and that turned out to be expensive as the darned thing did not last. The service from Jeckells was excellent & the product is equally so. Jeckells also did a sail cover for me, I was hugely impressed, especially with the price.

• Like 2

Stuart! we've always used felt back carpet on all our boats with no problem, Chris is bringing you a sample to look at, it's just bog standard Carpet like you get from places like Carpetright, Chris and me have it on all out interior walls,,,

• Like 1