I believe that today will be the last day of ownership of this business by Jason and Sonia, they have looked after many people here and other places over the years, and I would wish them a happy, if premature, retirement.

Also to wish George and Jason2 all the best running this business in the future. All boatyards need support, but George and Jason2 are young men who, I am sure, will continue to carry on the great work they have carried out out LBBY over the past years.

• Like 8

I believe I have personally financed Jason and Sonia's pension fund. Well, it seems like it! But the attention and standard of work has been nothing short of exceptional. Good luck, and even more importantly, good health to both of them. And now I must find some work for George and Jason2 to do. Their pension fund has only just started!

• Like 6

All the best to Jason and Sonia in the future, may it be a lot less hassle and more relaxing than the past.

All the best too to George and co (I used to play Badminton with George many years back); it is great to see LBBY remaining in business and under the stewardship of people who have been there for some time too. 

• Like 9

Thank you everyone for kind messages plus the many people who have called in this week especially to give us their best wishes.

It has been with very mixed emotions selling Ludham Bridge Boatyard, however we organised nearly £100k of work for the guys, during the next 12 months, plus in addition given George as much stock as possible for any breakdowns etc i.e. Filters, spark plugs, alternator belts, impellers, bilge pump, wiring and various extra tools. They also have some good quality larch and siberian timber, extra paint & GRP materials ready for the winter planking work - So now the best time to contact & book in work with George so you gain some good material prices!!

Thank you once again to all our customers, friends & suppliers who have helped us during the last few years - We have really enjoyed it but still looking forward to meeting people on the river in a more relaxed atmosphere once we have recovered!!

Regards

Jason, Sonia, & family

PS we are happy to keep sponsoring the NBN, and we WILL get to a get together soon!!

• Like 6

Thank you everyone for kind messages plus the many people who have called in this week especially to give us their best wishes.

It has been with very mixed emotions selling Ludham Bridge Boatyard, however we organised nearly £100k of work for the guys, during the next 12 months, plus in addition given George as much stock as possible for any breakdowns etc i.e. Filters, spark plugs, alternator belts, impellers, bilge pump, wiring and various extra tools. They also have some good quality larch and siberian timber, extra paint & GRP materials ready for the winter planking work - So now the best time to contact & book in work with George so you gain some good material prices!!

Thank you once again to all our customers, friends & suppliers who have helped us during the last few years - We have really enjoyed it but still looking forward to meeting people on the river in a more relaxed atmosphere once we have recovered!!

Regards

Jason, Sonia, & family

PS we are happy to keep sponsoring the NBN, and we WILL get to a get together soon!!

Now go and REST .....please, you both deserve it!

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

You just all need to be aware, for those of you who don't know, Jason has bought a sailie thing and plans to terrorize Broadland in the future. You have been warned :Sailing  

PS I am hoping to be with him on occasion, one might say the blind leading the infirm, or should that be unfirm.

• Like 2

Best wished at have loads of fun in your semi retiremen you both deserve it.

A massive well done and congratulations to my wonderful partner george for buying the boatyard no one deserves it more than you after everything you have done there over the last 15 years. Can't wait to start our new venture.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hello Laura,

I see that edp24 have caught up on your purchase of the boatyard, I thought I would provide a link to the article:-

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/ludham_bridge_boatyard_s_former_saturday_boy_becomes_business_boss_1_4287233

I assume George is like most other self employed, we all tend to fetch the sandwiches and make the tea:naughty: 

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

Hello Alan

Thank you :) 

George will also be in the Classic Boats Magazine too. So loads other good things to look forward to.

We are also half way though our shed being made which once completed we will be doing diesel and gas. 

Big improvements to the yard. George is done a fantastic job.

Regards 

Laura 

• Like 7