Tolls

RayandCarole

I notice from the Broadsheet Newsletter that came with the toll demand that 2 leccy points have been installed at Somerleyton. Yet I'm sure I saw a little while ago that the BA weren't planning on any more for sometime.

The tolls are still a good deal IMO for access to a magic playground.

I got the email yesterday but I could only read it in plain text.

I logged into the online system to pay our tolls but the system failed just before the actual payment screen, after about four pages of box ticking.

I contacted the toll office and mentioned that I was having difficulties, they said there was issues on Chrome but not Internet Explorer, they mentioned that their IT guy was looking into it. Maybe we should offer to send in Jonzo or Alan?:naughty:

I was asked if I wanted to pay whilst on the phone, maybe in a couple of weeks if they have not sorted their online problems.

Regards

Alan

• Like 3

I don't mind them going up a bit, but on my 27ft Elysian it's gone up £19.00, and my moorings have jumped £60.00, so I suppose my Birchwood 25 will go up the same amount, and in case your wondering I only pay for the Birchwood as I own that one, Judi owns the Elysian but my daughter pays all the bills on that one as they use it, don't want you lot thinking I'm rolling in it owning two boats, though it is nice when someone ask and I tell them we have his and her boats,,:naughty:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, senator said:

Personally I see all tolls as fantastic value. 

The engine on the outboard does move it into another class, it enables its use to be a main boat rather than a tender, How many times have you seen family's out for the week with suitcases aboard, must happen all the time in a 2.5-3m dinghy.

They are not really above inflation rises, what everyone is forgetting is that every part of the Broads Authority suffers from inflation. Boats now contribute a far higher percentage of the overall budget than ever before, due to reduced grants for other unrelated projects that still need to be forced through, and as such must pick up their fair share of all the inflation, there is the 2% on admin costs, 2% of broads rangers costs, 2% of dredging non navigable private broads cost etc. Overall if you add all the 2%'s up it could be as much as 18% of which Boats must pay their fair share. 6% is actually a real bargain.

Can we also not forget that we still issue the ever popular non refundable tolls in order to capitalise on anyone who has the audacity to change there boat mid season. Even if the boat they are selling is leaving the Broads and the Boat they are buying is coming from elsewhere the BA will look after the Toll interest by charging the same person 24 months of Tolls for the same year. now that is a 100% increase that will also have 2% inflation and that has not even been added to the inflation rate for the tolls.

I trust everyone now understands why Broads users are getting below inflation rises at 6% these increases are hugely above inflation yet again.! And they are not good value.

Sadly Strowger your arithmetic is way out, you do not add all the two percents up to make 18 %. 

Two percent of one item  added to two percent of another item is two percent of both itemsitems, not 4%

With 2% of each item going up still does not explain why the rate is going up 6%

4 hours ago, senator said:

Personally I see all tolls as fantastic value. 

The engine on the outboard does move it into another class, it enables its use to be a main boat rather than a tender, How many times have you seen family's out for the week with suitcases aboard, must happen all the time in a 2.5-3m dinghy.

They are not really above inflation rises, what everyone is forgetting is that every part of the Broads Authority suffers from inflation. Boats now contribute a far higher percentage of the overall budget than ever before, due to reduced grants for other unrelated projects that still need to be forced through, and as such must pick up their fair share of all the inflation, there is the 2% on admin costs, 2% of broads rangers costs, 2% of dredging non navigable private broads cost etc. Overall if you add all the 2%'s up it could be as much as 18% of which Boats must pay their fair share. 6% is actually a real bargain.

Can we also not forget that we still issue the ever popular non refundable tolls in order to capitalise on anyone who has the audacity to change there boat mid season. Even if the boat they are selling is leaving the Broads and the Boat they are buying is coming from elsewhere the BA will look after the Toll interest by charging the same person 24 months of Tolls for the same year. now that is a 100% increase that will also have 2% inflation and that has not even been added to the inflation rate for the tolls.

I trust everyone now understands why Broads users are getting below inflation rises at 6% these increases are hugely above inflation yet again.! And they are not good value.

Sadly Strowger your arithmetic is way out, you do not add all the two percents up to make 18 %. 

Two percent of one item  added to two percent of another item is two percent of both itemsitems, not 4%

With 2% of each item going up still does not explain why the rate is going up 6%

Sorry about quoting twice but this tablet is refusing to let me edit, 

I tried to remove the itemsitems and to add this

These increases are hugely above inflation yet again and not good value!!

I'm afraid I can't let Strowie take the blame for that post, it was me, Senator. fairly sure even Strowager is not pro BA enough to try and pass that one of as a defense. Just think how may 2%'s they could add together I bet they could even get it to 200% if they were really greedy. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, senator said:

I'm afraid I can't let Strowie take the blame for that post, it was me, Senator. fairly sure even Strowager is not pro BA enough to try and pass that one of as a defense. Just think how may 2%'s they could add together I bet they could even get it to 200% if they were really greedy. 

I was just keeping my head down........ :)

Well, credit card debited this morning and the discs arrived in the post later.  Good timing for our next trip as we can replace at the same time.  MS will be legal before 010416.

Just waiting for BCBM to reimburse.

SueH

27 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

My BSS expires this July, do I need tohave it renewed now or do I wait till my next toll is payable?

BA toll payers with craft that require a BSS have to renew it before it expires, regardless of whether that coincides with their toll renewal date.

You can re-test up to two months before expiry (if I remember correctly), and still preserve the original 4 yearly renewal term.

The BA usually do in fact send a reminder whenever a BSS is due for renewal, as they are aware of when the certificates run out, and the BSS office inform them of any renewals electronically now, just like car MOTs.

So you'd probably get a reminder from the BA fairly soon anyway.