The Inspectors Are Coming

Watching this now on ITV.A series about letter inforcers,they all look like copers.

In fact its seems nearly every one looks like Police.Ticket inspectors look like police.They

all do a important job,but I am not sure its a good idea that they look like the Police

Ian

29 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

What's a Policeman look like then?:River Police

Some years ago I had an amusement arcade and I got to know the near resident youngsters well. As is the nature of the beast plain cloths policemen would occasionally drop in, all suitable dressed to blend in. Within minutes the kids would start singing the Nick-Nick song. Puzzled at their uncanny perception I asked one of them how on earth did they recognize a plain cloths policemen? Simple, was the reply. Pulled up, plain white or black socks, one clue. Smart shoes, another clue. Swagger, often arrogance, the final clue. I was always amazed at the speed with which the kids sussed the Fuzz out! The white socks would also give rise to another well known song! At that time I had several good friends in uniform and passed on those comments which they seemingly found highly amusing, presumably a uniform versus plain cloths thing.

• Like 2

Ah, the "Them" & "us" syndrome....... Been in uniform my whole career so I guess I would be easy to spot when I turned up, but now as a dinosaur I guess my plain clothes would be more like tweeds, or a nice corduroy two piece......:shocked 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tangara said:

There you go

cheers

Ray

image.jpeg

Jack Warner; Dixon of Dock Green, was killed off in the film but it was so much of a success that they brought him back for the series. The rest is as they say history, our family watched it religiously every Saturday night. Mind you there was not that much choice of TV back then.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 4

Roy and Alan are not wrong about the telly, this is why I'm on the Forum most of the time, much more entertaining than anything on the box, that's my excuse anyway

I do like Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway though, especially Little Ant and Dec, so cute :love I think it's a proper fun, family show, you don't get much of that anymore, even so called family shows like the X Factor and Britain's Got Talent can be close to the mark in regards to good taste at times.

Back on topic, I do rather like the Police, Camera, Action type of shows :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1

On 9 March 2016 at 9:09 AM, Wildfuzz said:

What's a Policeman look like then?:River Police

There is also the CID division, or as others would call them, Coppers In Disguise lol...

My father in law was a Police Sergeant, he was on his way to work one day, he left his uniform at work, so he was in civvies, he saw someone walk past a house and pinch a bottle of milk, next moment he was being marched off to the Police station "You're nicked my son"

Another day he was off duty, my wife was with him, they were out shopping, when some rough looking man who said to my father in law, "Mornin Sergeant" ... My wife said "who was that?" and he said... "Just one of my customers" 

Back in the 70's and 80's, scoundrels thanked the police who nicked them, as it often put them back on track for a more honest life.

• Like 2

I have the utmost respect for the Police, a burglary and my brother being attacked a long time ago, we had nothing but kindness and support from them and they look damn fine in their uniforms :naughty: As for Firefighters, don't get me started on them :naughty: Do you think if I got stuck up a tree, they would rescue me?

Grace

p.s I'm off to the Park now, plenty of trees over there :naughty:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I have the utmost respect for the Police, a burglary and my brother being attacked a long time ago, we had nothing but kindness and support from them and they look damn fine in their uniforms :naughty: As for Firefighters, don't get me started on them :naughty: Do you think if I got stuck up a tree, they would rescue me?

Grace

p.s I'm off to the Park now, plenty of trees over there :naughty:

Just be sure your wearing a catsuit Grace

Charlie xx xx

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jeffbroadslover said:

You could get a bit more up to date Iain.

Z Cars was always a favourite also the Sweeney.

Jeff

Oh deffo Jeff, but one likes to show one remembers that long ago !:naughty: BTW I played in a charity cricket match with many of of the Z Cars cast! :party:

cheersIain