Pay?

JennyMorgan

Great idea!!! May have already paid though. 

Quite annoying at neatishead this weekend the water points have honesty boxes. I am sure years ago these water points had hoses. 

Being on a hire boat we had no hose so are they only useful for private boats? Or do the hoses come back in spring/summer after flying south for winter?

• Like 1

Water points at Neatishead and Gays Staithe are owned by the Parish Council. They have always had honesty boxes. The hose pipes are taken away for the winter and i would assume they will be back before easter. Ring the Parish Clerk if you want to know exactly when they come back.:Sailing

These 'charity boxes' started appearing a while ago, there is one at Somerleyton and another at Womack Dyke moorings. I'm sure I have seen others as well. I wonder how many toll payers donate anything??? 

Many hoses are removed through the winter months but they should start reappearing soon, especially as Easter is almost upon us. 

Someone really needs to make new stickers: "No one puts a contribution in here because you already contribute as part of river tolls but we are currently spending lots of money on legal battles and desperately need your donations.. please"

• Like 6

Haven't seen the one at Somerleyton, is it near to the river bank? I can see someone 'mooring' to it if it is, and then driving off, forgetting to cast off!!

I wonder how much will go to mooring maintenance and how much to overheads? I shouldn't feel the need to ask that question but, hey ho, we are talking Broads Authority here! Mind you, I doubt that the income will be that great. Wonder what the consultation to find out just how many have actually donated cost?

1 hour ago, JawsOrca said:

Someone really needs to make new stickers: "No one puts a contribution in here because you already contribute as part of river tolls but we are currently spending lots of money on legal battles and desperately need your donations.. please"

Alan you are as bad as me - but you actually said it.  I even thought of something like this, printed just the same as the real thing and only those who would bother reading would know :shocked

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

These 'charity boxes' started appearing a while ago, there is one at Somerleyton and another at Womack Dyke moorings. I'm sure I have seen others as well. I wonder how many toll payers donate anything??? 

Many hoses are removed through the winter months but they should start reappearing soon, especially as Easter is almost upon us. 

Hi Vanessan,

The honesty box at Womack Staithe for paying late mooring fees or donations for the water has been there for many years and has been there since we first started coming to the Broads in 2001. The morring fees and donated cash is collected by volunteers for the parish council.

In my opinion these parish council visitor moorings are first class and well worth the small mooring fee that is charged for overnight moorings.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

In my opinion these parish council visitor moorings are first class and well worth the small mooring fee that is charged for overnight moorings.

Regards

Alan 

I agree with that Alan. I personally do put money in such as they should be encouraged and supported. Although the BA are taking the you know what asking for these on public moorings.. unless it's for water in which case I will happily put a donation in which is only fair.

5 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

I agree with that Alan. I personally do put money in such as they should be encouraged and supported. Although the BA are taking the you know what asking for these on public moorings.. unless it's for water in which case I will happily put a donation in which is only fair.

Hi Alan,

Public moorings are a different story they are owned or leased by the Broad Authority. In this case I fully agree that all toll payers and  people on hire craft have paid by their hire fee (part of the costs of the hire companies have had to pay for their expensive tolls).

All toll payers have already paid a hefty amount for what appears to be very little, no bins now at most moorings, delayed dredging, moorings lost or poorly maintained.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Vanessan,

The honesty box at Womack Staithe for paying late mooring fees or donations for the water has been there for many years and has been there since we first started coming to the Broads in 2001. The morring fees and donated cash is collected by volunteers for the parish council.

Regards

Alan 

Alan

I am not talking about Womack staithe, I am referring to the Womack Dyke moorings. The box appeared there early last year I think, it is just as you meet the footpath to walk inland. 

3 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

The donations, or the posts, or both? Who would do such a dastardly thing? Can't trust anyone nowadays! Stuart, seriously for a moment, has one or more of the posts been nicked already?

Yes we had a few go at the tail end of last season, Salhouse, wroxham comes to mind. but due to the nature of the idea unknown how much if anything was in them.