It's Getting Worser And Worser!

JennyMorgan

We are soon to loose at least one more quality boatyard and probably a few of a lesser standard, we are loosing our dustbins, moorings are on the decline, tolls & mooring costs are rising, WI-FI cold-spots have become famous and now we are to loose eighteen DAB radio stations:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/digital_radio_listeners_in_east_anglia_miss_out_on_18_dab_stations_1_4506913

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Funnily enough it won't affect us as we only listen to Radio 4 and Radio Norfolk when afloat.............     :wave

Same here, anybody listen to 'Tweet of the day' on Radio 4 at 05.58 each morning Monday to Friday? Worth a listen if you are interested in bird calls. Maybe a little too early in the day for some I guess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Polly said:

My hearing is pretty poor so I tend not to listen to radio, it's too much like hard work. TV on the Broads just ain't happening with the stars outside. :) Now pubs.....cheers

I always thought it was us husbands who suffered from poor hearing:rolleyes:

• Like 5

No JM, selective hearing :naughty: 

No tv on the Broads for us, maybe some soft music, phone only for emergency, no games consoles.  If it's raining go to a pub, in fact, if it's not raining go to a pub :naughty:. Sit outside (as Polly says) look at the big Norfolk sky, listen to the wildlife. A Broadland sunset or Eastenders? Hmmm, I know which I'd choose

Grace

• Like 5

16 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

We are soon to loose at least one more quality boatyard and probably a few of a lesser standard, we are loosing our dustbins, moorings are on the decline, tolls & mooring costs are rising, WI-FI cold-spots have become famous and now we are to loose eighteen DAB radio stations:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/digital_radio_listeners_in_east_anglia_miss_out_on_18_dab_stations_1_4506913

This is all part of the pleasure of getting older, remembering all the  things that have gone now.

Things like polio, diptheria,rickets, Hitler etc.etc.:naughty:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troutman62 said:

This is all part of the pleasure of getting older, remembering all the  things that have gone now.

Things like polio, diptheria,rickets, Hitler etc.etc.:naughty:

Dont forget Radio Caroline, Radio London, Radio Sutch, Radio Veronica, Essex Radio, Radio Nordsee International plus the many more pirate stations Ive forgotten to mention.... Without who radio as its known today wouldn't exists.

Charlie

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bound2Please said:

Dont forget Radio Caroline, Radio London, Radio Sutch, Radio Veronica, Essex Radio, Radio Nordsee International plus the many more pirate stations Ive forgotten to mention.... Without who radio as its known today wouldn't exists.

Charlie

I always remember "Laser 558", I could be corrected but I think it was broadcast from the North Sea. Amazingly, I used to be able to pick the station up from a third basement storeroom in the City of London. I used to put the radio next to one of the steel girders that held up the building. The building was seven stories high above ground, what an ariel!

shreck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shreck said:

I always remember "Laser 558", I could be corrected but I think it was broadcast from the North Sea. Amazingly, I used to be able to pick the station up from a third basement storeroom in the City of London. I used to put the radio next to one of the steel girders that held up the building. The building was seven stories high above ground, what an ariel!

shreck. 

Laser 558 was one of the last pirate s in the 80's they transmitted from a ship in the black deeps. They went a little before Caroline, we listened to the boarding and closing of Caroline on the radio in our tackle shop.

We like the radio on board, but it's an old one!  A little FM/AM/SW model that allows us to listen to most of what we like, but how soon will it become redundant?  I don't mind the pubs either, just as long as they are not playing music/showing TV/having a karaoke/etc. etc. #grumpyoldman

My 2 teenage girls love radio 1 and radio 2 goes on when I get a chance. We don't have anything like that in Saudi, so I give them their wish. TV is also limited in Saudi, so they watch what they like when they get the chance. I have to admit that you don't miss it until it's not there.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I often wonder if East Enders is true to the life of Londoners, all that argument and yelling at each other. Perhaps they should all chill & take a L-O-N-G Broads holiday!

I remember one evening, all i could hear from the lounge was arguements and shouting etc. I said to Karen "sceaming and shouting, must be Eastenders", so she turned it off............thank god.

On a serious note, either the producers and script writers etc know absolutely NOTHING about the east end, or they just have a very low opinion of the people from the east end?.

That programme is utter garbage, and it really p....s me off that license payers money is actually spent making it. What`s worse, people watch it, icluding my wife........

I really do dispair at people sometimes?.

• Like 2