And Now From Norwich... It's Scrumpy Holiday Time

As it comes to a close.. It was time to take the boat back... 08.47am we done our final cast off .. With good bye's to are friends... And a toot on the horn for Boycee and Captain Wiggy...Ropes away we headed back up to Brooms of Brundall ... Enjoying the last moments of this holiday adventure.. Just thinking in my head of the places we had been and the lovely people we have met along on our travels.. You know when it's a really good holiday when you don't want it to never end.. Exactly 9am ... We berth in to Brooms with a friendly greeting from the Broom crew... Abit like a F1 pit stop... 2 take the ropes and tie us up.. While another starts the pump out and flush pipe.. Then the fresh water pipe goes in.. Then the diesel pump..  All together.. This is well planned operation .. As I start handing her indoors the bags for the off load to the car .. The other hire broom boats start to wait slowly outside in Brundall bay for there off load.... As everything is off I go and sign for my fuel refund... Oh yes £10.12p .. Back... Bargin.. now that's what I wasn't expecting at all. .. 

Well it was time to say good bye to the broom crew and very big thanks to them they sure know how to make you feel special.. As I take one look at our boat.. I say in my stupid Arnold Schwarzenegger voice... "i'll be Back"

.. After 6 hours of motorway hell we manage to get home.. 

That's it ... That's our Blog "And now from Norwich "it's back home in Somerset.. 

Me & Her in doors hope we haven't bored you lot to much.. It's been fun..:dance

Many thanks for the likes and comments..

Mike & Tan 

• Like 15

Hi Mike & Tan

looks like you had a great holiday, I've thoroughly enjoyed traveling with you through your great descriptions and photos

Thanks for taking the time.

really set me up for our trip 2 weeks today or as we like to say a "week come Saturday "

Glad you are safely home

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deebee29 said:

Hi Mike & Tan

looks like you had a great holiday, I've thoroughly enjoyed traveling with you through your great descriptions and photos

Thanks for taking the time.

really set me up for our trip 2 weeks today or as we like to say a "week come Saturday "

Glad you are safely home

Thanks Deebee... We enjoyed doing it glad you liked it..  You have a great time up there and enjoy it :wave

• Like 2

Hi Mike really good to meet you both this weekend and glad you got home safe & sound. Thanks for the great blog of your holiday and the super pictures you posted. I wiil pass your regards on to Wiggy, Roz and Sonia and hope that we are around next time you come to the Broads so we can have a few beers and what is known down here as a "mardle". Say hello to "her in doors " for us, we will raise a glass to you tomorrow when we listen to Lee Vasey hopefully ouside here at The Ferry House

Boycee

cheersbar

• Like 5

1 hour ago, boycee said:

Hi Mike really good to meet you both this weekend and glad you got home safe & sound. Thanks for the great blog of your holiday and the super pictures you posted. I wiil pass your regards on to Wiggy, Roz and Sonia and hope that we are around next time you come to the Broads so we can have a few beers and what is known down here as a "mardle". Say hello to "her in doors " for us, we will raise a glass to you tomorrow when we listen to Lee Vasey hopefully ouside here at The Ferry House

Boycee

cheersbar

Cheer's Boycee.. As soon as Her in doors Books it il let you know.. He he :party:

That was a great write up Mike, very entertaining and well written.

I am new here but have just bit the bullet and bought a boat, she will be moored in Horning when she comes out of dry dock - I cant wait to meet some of the characters that you describe - they sound class :bow.

Glad you had a good time and I hope you have your calendar ready to tick off the days until you next get down. Thanks again for a great blog.

cheers

trev.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

That was a great write up Mike, very entertaining and well written.

I am new here but have just bit the bullet and bought a boat, she will be moored in Horning when she comes out of dry dock - I cant wait to meet some of the characters that you describe - they sound class :bow.

Glad you had a good time and I hope you have your calendar ready to tick off the days until you next get down. Thanks again for a great blog.

cheers

trev.

Thanks Trev.. I wish you well in your boat.. And hope to see you on it one day..:party:

I still like a good 'holiday tale' to sit down to and read, and imagine as if you are there. It takes me back to years gone when things were talked about and shared more like this - these days it is all too easy to post status updates and photo sharing on Facebook but to get down and in depth is where it is at, from the places you went to the humor along the way. 

Thanks for sharing and seems Brooms are doing a very good job at running their hire fleet.

• Like 7

Well I was going to do a boat review on the Broom Commodore 1 ...

Sad news... Found out this morning as from the end of October it's no longer available for hire out of service for good :cry... 

This is the only six berth Broom they have.. I must admit I wouldn't want to be on there with six...

Four of you would be a squeeze.. 

You have your main forward cabin and you have a second small cabin with bunk beds.. And upstairs in the saloon is where you made up the third bed you made up with the table and the seats...

Theres a snug Toilet (Electric) push button and shower.. What is brill..

Saloon area is your seating and kitchen and cockpit area.. You have a two ring gas hob and oven.. Fridge.. Sink.. All surrounded with glass with panoramic views of where you look out.. There's a set of French doors what fully open up to Aft out door seating area.. What has-detachable sides and back... What has a reversible back seat.. So you can face the saloon or the waters edge ... That's lovely touch...

Other seating is on the front (bow) enough for two.. What is nice to sit on as you go along or just chilling when your moored up...

Everything is finished in a high quality it feels plush and nice..

Ok technical stuff now lol...

Height from waterline... 10ft 2ins fold down TV aerial 8ft 6ins...

Length...... 35ft

width......... 12ft 

1000 rpm = 4mph                                                                                                  

1500 rpm = 6mph

2500 rpm = 12mph (Tested on Breydon water)

500 ltrs fresh water tank.. Enough for two days...

Bow Thrusters..

speedo/ Depth gauge

fresh water gauge

toilet waste gauge

12 volt / 240 volt inverter

Not sure what engine is in her.. Very quiet tho..

movability is brilliant...

Handles like a dream

We couldn't find anything wrong with this beautiful boat.. Broom really know how to build and fit out boats.. It's such a shame this boat will not be available for hire at the end of the season.. 

Here's a few pics I've taken and six I've  sort of borrowed off inter web..

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Interesting. I wonder why they're not keeping it in their hire fleet. How did you find the visibility from the helm? We've looked at the Captain a number of times but it has mixed reviews and we haven't taken the plunge yet.

We tried to re book it for next year and hoseasons said that its off hire from end of October and won't be returning for next year Jean ... So we have booked a captain. . I do know that they have captain 7 being launched in the spring so I'm just presuming that there just increasing the captain fleet as they have a market for it.... We tried to book a captain for this year but they was fully booked and all there was the commodore so we had her... It fantastic visabillity.... The only down side for them is that sun roofs don't open... Brooms have disconnected, as at £8000 a throw hirer's would forget to shut them as they went under bridges and smash them... So you can't really blame them for disconnecting them but that gives you limited air coming in to the cabin... You have your sliding side door and your rear aft French doors and two sky lights in the front cabin you can fully open up.. So you do get a breeze coming through... One of the guys at broom did say they are looking into putting in a sliding window on the starboard side... We didn't really find it a problem... You should take the plunge Jean you won't be disappointed... :naughty:

• Like 1

Great write up, really enjoyed it, we prefer the southern side, and a beautiful looking boat. One question, what was wrong with the Premier inn to be able to get a refund, we use that too and this year had a really uncomfortable night as it was so hot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimC said:

Great write up, really enjoyed it, we prefer the southern side, and a beautiful looking boat. One question, what was wrong with the Premier inn to be able to get a refund, we use that too and this year had a really uncomfortable night as it was so hot.

Thanks Jim .... I've sent you a message with the details.. :naughty: