Wind Amber Warning Thursday

ChrisB

Just waddled down my garden to check my moorings. Two things that I did not expect, one being that there is no wind, it's like a mill pond. Two and surprise, surprise, my moorings are flooded. Flooded now so what should I expect for the morning when the wind really gets up? Could be an interesting day tomorrow!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Just waddled down my garden to check my moorings. Two things that I did not expect, one being that there is no wind, it's like a mill pond. Two and surprise, surprise, my moorings are flooded. Flooded now so what should I expect for the morning when the wind really gets up? Could be an interesting day tomorrow!

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/target-area/054WATBT3

6 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Thanks, John, interesting & I reckon we can say good bye to North Norfolk. There was also a dark patch over Beccles a few minutes ago but that's now gone and gone.

They'll be all right with all them 'Chelsea Tractors' they've got :naughty:

about 10 minutes ago, the wind rose here near Basildon, and it is raining so hard you can see sheets of water bouncing off the vertical walls of adjacent buildings, take care everyone. Just heading in from the south west - with attendant rumbles of thunder.

It is kicking off here now. I am not going anywhere as I have to pass under oaks to get out of Knapton and they rain logs on you. I only have one car now so don't want if damaged.

It seems to be coming in waves from being black as night and a monsoon we have a blue sky but the wind is increasing all the time.

9 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

Tree across the road at Mundesley, wonder if its any good for turning!!!! Always a silver lining..cheers

Must be a Silver Birch then lol...

Wind in Staffordshire currently from the east at 60 mph with gusts. Dry, light cloud.  All heading your way. Worst has yet to come. 

Been like this for at least 4 hours.

Our daughter lives in Oxford and has two rabbits, she has battened down the hutches lol... 

• Like 1

I just went out on the terrace and could hardly stand against it. I got 62mph in a gust using the kit below but it is not calibrated and was cheap.DSC_0352.thumb.JPG.648db5e07ce5855958ec198800edd267.JPG)I say that because I am sure it is not 25C in the house.