Wind Amber Warning Thursday

ChrisB

Just had one fence panel pop out, luckily we had some 3 mm galvanized wire across it acting as plant supports, otherwise it might have been blown into the next county.

Job for Saturday..

Neighbour will help, I don't want piercing with fire thorn spikes, not whilst on chemo... bleeding will never stop.

I hate the wind. 

Here is the photo.   By all accounts it landed on a mooring post.   This has been the worst winds we have had here in Worlingham.   Fence posts and panels just gone.    Small photo as I had to reduce and reduce it.   I have copied from tuther side.  I am sure he wont mind.

FERRY MARINA 2.jpg

20 minutes ago, TrevorAndDeirdre said:

Just seen a picture elswhere an Alpha 32 the sliding roof has come off and landed on a post nice repair job now for them. This was in Horning.

If a door or window is left open then sliding roofs can and do lift off. The boat fills with wind and up pops the roof! Normally the weight is enough and gravity does its job. Remember seeing a wood one lift off on Breydon and floating onto the mud. Amazed that the Alpha roof has traveled so far!

Just rescued a six foot fence panel c/w both posts (snapped at the bottom, rotten as a pear) from next door and spotted a 20 foot forked lilac that's splitting down the fork! Fairly happy that if/when it goes it shouldn't hit anything, I int a-going to stand out there waiting for it it. Highest gust half a mile from us was 55 mph about 4 p.m.

I hope all damage sustained isn't too bad for everyone. I haven't heard how WR is as I know there was already a tear in one of the canopy sides ...

As to the local Hertfordshire situation, the A10 viaduct around Ware/Hertford is shut and a tree was done on one of the other main ways out so major congestion. All trains out of London in our direction are none existant so my husband went off to Cockfosters to collect daughter 2.  He is on his way home apparently.

This morning daughter 2 whilst walking the mile to the station got caught in a massive rain storm, umbrelllas were impossible and she got absolutely soaked.  It had stopped when it was my turn to walk to work.  Watching the pedestrian lights outside my work swaying in the gusts was a bit disconcerting.