Nbn Promo Video....

ScrumpyCheddar

When I watched it I was expecting a Microsoft or google punch line. 

So I tried a dumb test. Yes on the wife. Not a forum reader at all. 

She said she was expecting Microsoft or Oracle. So I think it does echo a more corporate feel. 

Im not knocking the team or the production quality it just doesn't do it for me. Or tell me what we are about. 

I agree it needs visuals. So, to stop any copyright problems change the t&cs so that any picture posted either belongs to the forum or gives the forum the right to use it at its leisure. I'm sure a legal beagle member could confirm if this will work?

i think we need pics of not just boats, but a cyclist, fisherman, walker, twitcher, canoeist. Broaden the content to widen the appeal. 

Just my 10 bobs worth. 

• Like 6

I thought it was a waste of time.

NBN.....Norfolk Broads Network......yet the fact it was about a

Broads forum, it almost slipped by without me noticing it saying so!

All nice floaty things in different colours and NOT ONE photo of the Broads.

It also begs the question, why the need to advertise the forum? It

does very well as it is doesn't it? A BIG thumbs down from me.

Sorry.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I thought it was a waste of time.

NBN.....Norfolk Broads Network......yet the fact it was about a

Broads forum, it almost slipped by without me noticing it saying so!

All nice floaty things in different colours and NOT ONE photo of the Broads.

It also begs the question, why the need to advertise the forum? It

does very well as it is doesn't it? A BIG thumbs down from me.

Sorry.

Yes, sorry but i have to agree with Bill.

Fairly new on here and for me the video didn't do anything it was very well put together etc but felt it missed out on what the opportunity to actually show of the beauty of the broads and all the associated boating , fishing wildlife etc etc with some pics instead of the wavy line things.    Sorry

Just popping on here, but to say that I am pleased with the comments that have come back so far as to the video.  I can't take too much credit for this, but I thought the words up and paid for it.

The fact is, whenever there is anything about the Broads it always has the usual river scenes and sunsets - not anything bad about that but this is about us, as a community and I wanted to make people pause and watch, read and understand we are here, we are friendly and open - come join us and likely this will appeal to people of a different age bracket who are not yet members but are used to seeing these text lead creative type adverts.

Fear not a far more usual, photographic lead, up beat version will follow when the season and weather heats up :)

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

Just popping on here, but to say that I am pleased with the comments that have come back so far as to the video.  I can't take too much credit for this, but I thought the words up and paid for it.

The fact is, whenever there is anything about the Broads it always has the usual river scenes and sunsets - not anything bad about that but this is about us, as a community and I wanted to make people pause and watch, read and understand we are here, we are friendly and open - come join us and likely this will appeal to people of a different age bracket who are not yet members but are used to seeing these text lead creative type adverts.

Fear not a far more usual, photographic lead, up beat version will follow when the season and weather heats up :)

Dearest Robin why wait for the season to heat up to make a new video. You do have more broads video footage from all your blogs to make a promo video. And there's plenty of pictures from the forums members for you to produce a  recognised video. Strike while the irons hot. 

• Like 1

Well I liked it very much as far as it went, and I accept that this was about the social link and not the location. However, the inclusion of maybe one Broads sunset would have explained much of the appeal of the location that is the genesis of the forum?

Where is this expected to get the most views and what is the target audience?

Thanks for putting the work in Robin

• Like 2

Fear not and keep your eye's skinned for a plea for assistance from members shortly. We have plenty of irons in the fire at the minute and are still feeling our way around what we'd like to do and what we can do.

Between Robin, Jonzo and myself we have enough high quality cameras, high speed lenses, sound equipment, booms, dollies, steadycams, jibs, sliders, lighting rigs, film and sound editing equipment and software, 3D modelling and animation, 2D animation, SFX software and the skills to operate it all, not to mention a whole wagon load of good ideas to take on...oh I don't know...everything from a remake of Life on Earth to Avatar 2. What we are missing, at the minute, is time.

At the moment Jonzo has me slaving, slaving...slaving I tell you...on the graphic art side of things, getting us a unified look for everything from stationery to video idents using our existing branding. A sort of 'kit' so anyone can use the kit to produce something should they so wish. As part of that process we are very much hoping that members will contribute photographs and video footage that the forum can use in promotional materials from banners to YouTube videos. I'm just sorting out reference and storage for this at the minute while I wait for my beloved computers to come back from the menders...they don't like coca cola poured in them...who knew?

Robin I know is working hard on something that will get more than one or two people very excited...and that's all I'm saying...I know I'm looking forward to it!

The rest of the guy's all have their noses to the grindstone too...well there's some grinding noises and one or two grunts, bangs and the occasional groan coming from behind the 'Danger MODS at work' sign hanging from the back of the wardrobe they use as an office.

The language...oh you wouldn't believe the language you hear them use. Words like 'spreadsheet' and 'fiscal'...it all sounded too much like hard proper work for my delicate ears so I went back to my crayons and colouring. :naughty:

• Like 10

I think once again this identifies all the work that goes on behind the scenes as it were. Stuff that most of us have no idea about and would certainly have no idea how to create. Well done to all of you who beaver away to promote the forum. It is a good thing to air promotional videos etc IMO to get forumite views, after all, one man's meat etc etc. 

• Like 2

Everyone should take into account that this is a first for the forum and the boys are working very hard on it.

I am sure that all the comments coming back are being read and digested by the team.

I am equally sure that we, the NBN forum, will end up with an amazing video that will please ALL.

Please give the guys a chance.

• Like 6