Nbn Promo Video....

ScrumpyCheddar

I've just viewed the NBN promo video..... I'm a bit hmmmmmm... about it.... it mentions about joining the forum... but there's no mention of boats or the broads on it.... just lots of dots and squiggly lines... it was like a paint commercial of all the different colours... All it's missing is the Dulux dog... I mean I'm member and I'm slightly bewildered by it.... if I was going to join as a new member I wouldnt no what to think...Ive not got a problem of promoting stuff or videos.... but if you was promoting a place or product you would show what your promoting.... and lots of dots and squiggly lines don't really promote the broads or boats.... 

• Like 1

I see nothing wrong with it, friendly, calm and intriguing, very much like our Forum, it's different and I like it

You don't necessarily need images of boats on a river to promote our Forum, a lot of it is about friendship and community which we have in abundance on here

Keith, I never get confused :liar :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 4

You know when you ask for an honest opinion and you get a nervous cough ................

Cough

And an Erm ..............

Ermmmmmmmm

after what seems like an eternity you think of something good to say..........

It's very colourful and looks like it was very hard to do.

Sorry but that's my honest opinion.

PS thanks for posting it here I hate reading topics that refer to something I can't see or read.

• Like 3

Now I've just got back off a 3 week  cruise . We only went only went because we saw an advert on the television what showed what we was getting and things to do. The wife was disappointed that Rob Brydon wasn't going to be onboard. Anyhow sorry I'm giving the big thumbs downs for the promo. I would say it was like a corporate presentation of a business into the community. It's great that the team on here are promoting the nbn. But how ever why don't you use video and photos from nbn members who have posted on the forum and then people will see the full side of the broads on and off the boat. There was plenty of pictures entered for the Calendar competition what could be made into a photo slide show. Just a thought.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SEAMASTER said:

Now I've just got back off a 3 week  cruise . We only went only went because we saw an advert on the television what showed what we was getting and things to do. The wife was disappointed that Rob Brydon wasn't going to be onboard. Anyhow sorry I'm giving the big thumbs downs for the promo. I would say it was like a corporate presentation of a business into the community. It's great that the team on here are promoting the nbn. But how ever why don't you use video and photos from nbn members who have posted on the forum and then people will see the full side of the broads on and off the boat. There was plenty of pictures entered for the Calendar competition what could be made into a photo slide show. Just a thought.

I am not sure the forum would be allowed to use photos submitted for the calender competitions for other purposes without prior agreement with those that took/submitted the original picture. 

We certainly do have to be careful in this area, as you would expect us to be, to both protect the forum as a whole as well as possible interests of the originators of the pictures. 

1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

I am not sure the forum would be allowed to use photos submitted for the calender competitions for other purposes without prior agreement with those that took/submitted the original picture. 

We certainly do have to be careful in this area, as you would expect us to be, to both protect the forum as a whole as well as possible interests of the originators of the pictures. 

In this case I think you're being a bit protective. I've no objection to my vids or pics being used and in fact after the vid on FB one of my vids appears... rounding GH.

I very much doubt if anyone would object and it only needs a new topic "May we use your pics/vids" to see.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SEAMASTER said:

Anyhow sorry I'm giving the big thumbs downs for the promo.

I am surprised  :liar

5 hours ago, SEAMASTER said:

I would say it was like a corporate presentation of a business into the community.

we are lucky enough to have jonzo who does the tecky stuff for a living, which means we have a brill

forum that is smart, easy to use and does not go tits up at regular intervals.

he has used more of his spare time to add a video so its thanks from me.

I could try and do one of my own If I don't like it but hey .... fat chance

:party2:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jillR said:

I am surprised  :liar

we are lucky enough to have jonzo who does the tecky stuff for a living, which means we have a brill

forum that is smart, easy to use and does not go tits up at regular intervals.

he has used more of his spare time to add a video so its thanks from me.

I could try and do one of my own If I don't like it but hey .... fat chance

:party2:

Iam not criticising Jonzo. All I said was the promo video had no broads or boat pictures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockham Admiral said:

In this case I think you're being a bit protective. I've no objection to my vids or pics being used and in fact after the vid on FB one of my vids appears... rounding GH.

I very much doubt if anyone would object and it only needs a new topic "May we use your pics/vids" to see.

Oh I am quite sure 99% of the members on here will afford the forum the same rights without hesitation because they are those sort of people.

However, the forum does need to own or have control over any media used in its own promotion, that goes without saying, and it could cause an issue if that perfect sunset piccy adopted by us as part of our campaign also turned up in other people's advertising as well....

16 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Oh I am quite sure 99% of the members on here will afford the forum the same rights without hesitation because they are those sort of people.

However, the forum does need to own or have control over any media used in its own promotion, that goes without saying, and it could cause an issue if that perfect sunset piccy adopted by us as part of our campaign also turned up in other people's advertising as well....

The calendar entries what didn't get picked can all be used....as all us members gave permission to use them.....  all of my own pictures I've posted in the past can be used..... if other people have taken pictures off of the forum and used them on other sites or for advertising purposes are the ones who should worry..... but who cares... as long it shows the great place we all love to come to and boat about on the broads we can show others and share our good times....:Stinky

• Like 3

Ok, I like the idea very much of promoting the forum on You Tube. What I did not like, was what to me, came over as a very corny mission statement. I actually thought to myself, forgetting for a moment that we had published it, "What are they trying to screw out of me." Now I know thats not true, however thats because I know we are not like that but the casual viewer might.The video itself however was very professional  and I did notice it had been monetised which is good for the NBN. 

Fred

Honest opinion................ i hate it, looks like a graphic from a music player, and as for the text....mission statement from badly run large company , put together by 8 people in 5 mins , and expect to be paid all day, sorry there ,s no subject in it , as said the broads should feature more.I have to put up with this crap from the companies i ve worked for,for years.....only the one,s not actually making money love it ...to justify there unproductive jobs...rant over!

well made but sadly naf

• Like 1

Sorry, I have been a member on here for a few years, But I do not know how it ends because I stopped it after about 20 seconds. Tedious, slow and without a punch message after 10 seconds, ads do not work.

I did not pick up what it was about so stopped it.

try

NBN. THE forum for boat lovers in Norfolk and anywhere.

as a punch line. I know there is more than that on the forum than boating but most people join through boating/boating holidays.

paul

ps. the ad regarded as the most successful of all time is the Shake and Vac one,

Now try and get that tune out of your mind!

See what I mean.

• Like 1