Fasion Victims

Poppy

As I am sure, some of you on here are fashion victims and will pay through the nose for designer crap, I thought this was the place to ask.
Now i am fully aware that dickheads who wear shorts, coats and woolly hats when its freezing cold, do it for one reason only, yes you have guessed, its to show the tattoos on their calfs that their benefits payments have just paid for,
What I cannot understand is why women, because it is mainly women, put sunglasses on their heads as part of their dress code to go out at night into a restaurant for a meal, does the husband not say, its effin'  dark! Take them off you silly bitch! :naughty:

• Like 8

OOh wheres that report button, as an all year round shorts wearer, I take offence at that remark (or a hedge or summat).

I wear shorts because I want to, I dont have tattoos on my calves (or my Bullocks or sheep neither), neither am I a postman (most of ours round here wear shorts all year too).

I also dont wear designer clothes (unless tescos or asda shorts are classed as designer).

I find that I dont feel cold wearing shorts - even in the middle of winter, as long as I keep my body and head warm and keep moving.

I think the nearest I have ever been to being a fashion statement, would be to state that I was a fashion disaster, I only ever wear what I am comfortable wearing.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Poppy said:

dickheads who wear shorts, coats and woolly hats when its freezing cold,

So called "Poppy" ........... I wear a wooly hat when it's cold to keep my bald, tattoed head warm. My legs are very hairy so wearing long trousers causes overly moist ankles even in Winter.

• Like 1

Just now, smellyloo said:

So called "Poppy" ........... I wear a wooly hat when it's cold to keep my bald, tattoed head warm. My legs are very hairy so wearing long trousers causes overly moist ankles even in Winter.

So shave 'em - or wear these  :naughty::naughty:

Tena.png

• Like 2

I don't have an explanation as to why women wear sunglasses at night but I do know why they put them on their heads when they're not needed. It's most probably for the same reason that I do,(I don't wear mine at night I hasten to add)it has diddly squit to do with fashion it's simply that if I lay them down I'll probably never find them again!

Carole

• Like 4

SWMBO uses reading glasses. She is not a fashion victim, and finds those sold by BM or Poundland to be perfectly serviceable. So inexpensive as well that she can keep a pair in every room in the house as well as in her handbag :grin:

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Not this female Charlie, I just need  a memory cell transplant.!:6_smile:

Carole

Well Carole have B & D battery drill will travel and I'm reliably informed thats all one needs for a memory cell transplant.  Or was a hammer n bolster or or or rofl

Charlie :kiss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

SWMBO uses reading glasses. She is not a fashion victim, and finds those sold by BM or Poundland to be perfectly serviceable. So inexpensive as well that she can keep a pair in every room in the house as well as in her handbag :grin:

I do that too! How sensible we females can be.

• Like 2

Just now, addicted said:

Not sure I like the sound of a hammer and bolster or even the drill, I think I'll just continue to leave the glasses on top of my head and run the risk of irritating Poppy!

Carole

So long as they're not sun glasses - in the dark !

• Like 2

I am neither a victim of fashion nor will I pay designer prices :liar and yes I do wear sunglasses on my head because, like Carole, I would forget where I put them. Not that it has ever made the slightest bit of difference. We were on a fishing trip once, on discovering I couldn't fine my sunglasses and throwing a diva type strop im indoors turned to me and said "Darlin, they're on your head"..........if I can lose them during the day there's no way I'm gonna wear them in the dark :naughty:

Grace

• Like 3

I don't buy what 'passes' for designer gear these days. You will never see me in a 'Superdry' product...I can never understand why anyone would wander around with a prophylactic logo stuck on their jacket. I do have Barbour logos on the odd t-shirt as they give them away when you buy coats. Formal shoes...when I buy them...are Loakes...because they are worth it. £250 a pair BUT I've only ever had to buy three pairs since 1985. Sunshades are Ray-Ban, bifocals are Heritage...again my frames last for years I just change the lenses...and most of the time specs are on top of my head...Ellie tells me the wearing of glasses on a cord or chain is a request for a life of celibacy. :shocked

Edited to add I spend an absolute fortune on fragrance.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Timbo said:

I don't buy what 'passes' for designer gear these days. You will never see me in a 'Superdry' product...I can never understand why anyone would wander around with a prophylactic logo stuck on their jacket. I do have Barbour logos on the odd t-shirt as they give them away when you buy coats. Formal shoes...when I buy them...are Loakes...because they are worth it. £250 a pair BUT I've only ever had to buy three pairs since 1985. Sunshades are Ray-Ban, bifocals are Heritage...again my frames last for years I just change the lenses...and most of the time specs are on top of my head...Ellie tells me the wearing of glasses on a cord or chain is a request for a life of celibacy. :shocked

Edited to add I spend an absolute fortune on fragrance.

Me neither ! As for young women wearing that brand... not much of an advert, is it?  

As for 'Hollister' - do they really know what a 'Hollister bag' is ? :naughty:

Has anyone on the forum been in a Hollister store?  I once made the mistake of wandering into our local one in search of Christmas prezzies for my two sons.  It was an odd combination of darkness illuminated by the odd spotlight.  Having wondered why anyone would buy stuff they couldn't see properly I staggered out again, never to return!

Helen

• Like 1