Any News On Berney Arms

Baitrunner

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

That there's going to be a rave at Berney? With no return trains then it'll have to be an all nighter! Best pack my sleeping bag and midge cream then. 

Jungle formula Peter?

4 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Boycee, probably true and for a secure overnight mooring probably fair enough although yours truly won't pay to moor on principle, especially as there is miles of 'wild' mooring either side! I only ever moor to fish, or to walk up to the fishing lakes so hopefully it'll be free during the day, please. 

Peter: Do you know if when moored and then  fishing at the lakes,if the bailiff takes money from the lakeside bank or is it pay in advance  pls ?

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Peter: Do you know if when moored and then  fishing at the lakes,if the bailiff takes money from the lakeside bank or is it pay in advance  pls ?

Mark, details here:

https://wheatacrehallbarns.co.uk/local-information/view/aldeby-hall-fishing-lakes

I really can't remember for sure but I'm pretty certain it's on the bank. 

• Like 1

And a big old hello to you all....what's all this about a rave...wish I'd been told as it might clash with our opening.... hold you hard an less a that old squit ... we will not now or ever be holding/hosting or attending any rave at the berney....my favorite saying is the proof of the pudding is in the eating....any silly bugger can talk rubbish promising the world , but at the end of the day the truth shines through......so....perhaps the best thing to do is come and have a look and support us.....green Jack beer arrives tonight ..!!!!!

• Like 15

On 4/13/2017 at 7:00 AM, Bobdog said:

Not my 'view', just something I was told, by a friend who knows people who have friends who have influence :RiverPolice so a rather third hand rumour ... which I do hope is false.

Why pass on unsubstantiated gossip then that could be very detrimental to a new business trying to save a land mark?

Charlie

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Berneyarms said:

And a big old hello to you all....what's all this about a rave...wish I'd been told as it might clash with our opening.... hold you hard an less a that old squit ... we will not now or ever be holding/hosting or attending any rave at the berney....my favorite saying is the proof of the pudding is in the eating....any silly bugger can talk rubbish promising the world , but at the end of the day the truth shines through......so....perhaps the best thing to do is come and have a look and support us.....green Jack beer arrives tonight ..!!!!!

I have added this response to the post quoted by Charlie above. (Much the same as Trip Adviser allows)

• Like 3

Just now, NorfolkNog said:

To be honest I thought it seemed odd. A 10k PA is a prerequisite for a rave and lugging one across the marshes seemed a bit ambitious :naughty:

In the late 80's- 90's I was a bouncer at all night RAVES, they were held in some dubious places, the illegal ones that is. But never once did I hear of one where public access was so denied. Clacton Pier had legal ones, we never had many problems, like the illegal ones did, so the Rumors and gossip will do the Berney Arms any good what so ever. Lets stick to facts folks please.

Charlie

• Like 1

To be fair Bob's comments are usually well founded as I mentioned earlier.

Looks like the local fuzz are on alert too. Maybe a case of good motive, wrong location perhaps? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-norfolk-39339594?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=58ef7a3be4b0c4062e8c564e%26Illegal rave warning%26&ns_fee=0#post_58ef7a3be4b0c4062e8c564e