Any News On Berney Arms

Baitrunner

Charlie, reading this whole thread it does seems to indicate that the two outlets are separate and as Charlie suggests not good for either outlet. I assume that the shop has an 'off' licence so if the weather is bad, like it is right now, then I suspect that customers will head for the pub. I can't see the pub not serving food, not in this day and age, ohh dear. I like the sound of what is on offer at the shop so feel some sympathy for 'Berney' & his partner.

• Like 1

Well I can safely say there is no rave going on. So let's can that one. 

Not had a chance to go check it out yet, but will do in the morning. 

Wife spoke to them earlier and they seemed like a nice couple trying to earn a living. Hope the trade picks up though.

Very few boats here today/tonight. In fact a lot of moorings on the way down from brundall were empty. Even the reedham ferry and reedham itself. Think the weather has scuppered a lot people going out. 

They need some decent weather to kick start the business. 

• Like 3

Let's ave a little clear up....there is only one group involved on the whole berney site ..that is us..we have done up the cafe as a licensed bar and will be moving on to the pub soon...nice to see the gossip evolving among the boating community without any boaters...come and see us on face value...remember what I said at the start of all this ..we are here to save the pub and it's history and our heart is placed firmly on berney soil.. wot you a rekonin boy 

• Like 13

I cant like your earlier clear up post (I'm not allowed to like posts at the moment away a week and it breaks???).m But thanks for the clear up as I can see one business succeeding with a lot of hard work and promoting, but not two separate ones.  We will indeed come and see you when tides are ok and steering fixed.

Charlie

@Berneyarms.. hi there.. I have been following on facebook.. sounds a fun project. Sadly ive never stopped there and sadly our.mooring is too far out the way.. but possibly one day. The boaters have your support! But as im sure you know theres been a lot happening there and its hard to work out.. have you acquired the pub? Last I saw i was up for sale at an extortionate price as to hope to turn it into another use? We had a couple members interested but due to its no land access rules, sadly getting the figures to add up makes it hard..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

I cant like your earlier clear up post (I'm not allowed to like posts at the moment away a week and it breaks???).m But thanks for the clear up as I can see one business succeeding with a lot of hard work and promoting, but not two separate ones.  We will indeed come and see you when tides are ok and steering fixed.

Charlie

Charlie I've pm'd Jonzo about this for you

• Like 1

It's nice to hear the old place is back up and running. Is this long term or a short term? Or just for the holiday season? Sorry for all the questions. I mean what will be on offer for us boaters is there beers and lagers on tap? Hot and cold food? Pub grub or rolls and nibbles?. It would be nice to hear some feed back from boaters over the weekend what they thought of the old place?