Moving House

DAVIDH

I wonder where he's going with that. The 'tug' spent the winter just downstream of the Wayford boat yard, and has recently been above Wayford bridge, about half way to Dilham. Rather a mess IMHO.

• Like 1

Just now, Poppy said:

I wonder where he's going with that. The 'tug' spent the winter just downstream of the Wayford boat yard, and has recently been above Wayford bridge, about half way to Dilham. Rather a mess IMHO.

I'm sure there's a nice quiet end of garden spot on Oulton Broad it could moor ;)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Jenner's basin ?  :swordpir:

hopefully he will find a nice safe place to moor and get on with his life, at least it looks like he has achieved one of my dreams - a home on the water. I envy anyone who gets a place to live on the water, or a boat to get out on the water when they wish.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bobdog said:

Because I'm mainly up north.

With attitude like that I'm glad you are its just what the broads needs more of the  not in my back yard attitude :swordpir: 

I was just thinking, if Whispering Reeds decided to relocate one of their house boats in a similar way, or one of those houseboats currently moored on the right bank through Wayford bridge, what would they actually look like passing the BB cameras being towed by a tug?

I think there would be a few comments about them too.

Those house boats are part and parcel of the Broads landscape, I hope they continue to provide holidays.

So if the vessel in the original OP's photo is actually a houseboat, then to me, I have seen far worse.

It's a boat, because it's afloat, but I'll get my coat lol...  :coat:

Richard

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jeffbroadslover said:

Just wondering if anyone found out where they finished up

Jeff

Just down from Ludham bridge I guess waiting for low water, The "tow boat" is the one that was on compulsive cleaners and is now at the top of the Stalham dyke, I think they need to pay a return visit.

Doug.

This rig is now on the port bank just passed the confluence of Stalham and Sutton Dykes

Pelican (the tug) must have had it's engine removed or else it is U/S. Unbelievable to me but the chap or chapess has brought that lot down from Wroxham on an ancient Honda 15hp on the back of Pelican. The guy on the stern in the original photograph is the helm, steering with an outboard tiller extension!!