Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

45 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Would it not be reasonable/possible to have two outboards, one for open water another for the broads?

No, its an inboard engine and a jet drive

53 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:
Wind
Northwest 5 or 6, decreasing 3 or 4, then backing west or southwest 4 or 5 later.
Sea state
Slight or moderate, occasionally rough in far west.
Weather
Showers at first in west, occasional rain later.
Visibility
Good, occasionally moderate.

Doesn't sound too bad.

I imagine Griff has gone between Guz (Devonport) and Weymouth (Portland) enough times to have worn a groove in the chart, by now!

12 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Is it now , who brought it up in the first place ? The owner , I know some in brundall rip up the river n the last thing anyone needs is another , why remark about its speed of its in a restricted area , that's why its irrelevant as to how fast it goes ! 

Ricardo - see the ‘little devil’ emoticon? You actually typed irreverent instead of irrelevant giving the statement a completely different meaning! That brings out the little devil in me I’m afraid, I’m sorry.

I hope you don’t mind me saying that you do seem to be getting a wee bit uptight with things, maybe take a step back? You clearly have a lot of knowledge about the issues with Robin’s boat/rib but there seem to be a lot of differing views with everybody wanting a say. I’m sure it will all come right in the end. 

15 minutes ago, vanessan said:

issues with Robin’s boat/rib but there seem to be a lot of differing views with everybody wanting a say

Not sure Robin has issues as such with his boat or rib, But yes there are quite a few wanting to give him their opinions on things for sure.  I am sure though that if Robin actually wanted opinions or advice he would actually ask for them/it.... Just my take on all of this.

Charlie

PS not aimed at you Vanessa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Oi!! Getting in on the 'Oldie' thing too SteveO? :default_blink:

No, I am fairly old myself, but it is the pages and pages of irrelevant and possibly misinformed speculation that got to me.  Imho if people want to have a long conversation like that, they should either exchange PMs or use the Chatbox feature rather than pollute  threads like this.

That;'s calling it as I see it anyhow.

13 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Ricardo - see the ‘little devil’ emoticon? You actually typed irreverent instead of irrelevant giving the statement a completely different meaning! That brings out the little devil in me I’m afraid, I’m sorry.

I hope you don’t mind me saying that you do seem to be getting a wee bit uptight with things, maybe take a step back? You clearly have a lot of knowledge about the issues with Robin’s boat/rib but there seem to be a lot of differing views with everybody wanting a say. I’m sure it will all come right in the end. 

My apologies I hadn't seen the typo , no I'm not getting up tight at all and I did step out of it last night as I felt that dispite  anything I said 2 members sort to argue and I got tied of it   the point I was making was it doesn't matter if it does 40mph or 400mph it top speed is irrelevant with a maximum speed on the rivers of 6 mph , both my boats can exceed 6mph but don't , and trust me there are a lot of boats even in winter blasting up the river yare usually with no lights at all , BA are always interested to have information on speeding boats especially out of their patrol hrs , and when you think about the disturbance they cause others including me then I don't hesitant to report it to say nothing of the damage to the banks or wildlife .

I never said Robin would be that irresponsible , although I'm sure some thought I had ,  all I said was the top speed doesn't matter and it doesn't in restricted waters .

Had call from Charlie to update you. I am. Currently shopping for a boarding ladder and then off to get Vicuals so am posting from my mobile. 

AIS is set up and working so you will be able (when switched on) to track us during our passage so long as we have data connection. Proper AIS works over the VHF spectrum but until I put in new equipment this will have to do. 

Will post an update when free and at laptop. All going well down here though. 

94F94E80-8165-487E-B77D-FFAD4671CB21.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Chris1986 said:

I have the MarineTraffic App, I’ve found Independence but it won’t allow me to add to fleet or follow? 

Ive also noticed it is shown as a different symbol to other boats?

Any ideas anyone? Am I doing something wrong? I’ve added other boats no problem. 

I am experiencing the same....