Broads Boating Company Take On Former Alphacraft Yard

lakesailor

Just seen the following post on Broads boating company facebook page   .....

Exciting news!!
We are pleased to let you all know that we have recently got the keys to the former alpha craft site in Brundall, with a big thanks going to James and all at Norfolk yacht agency for working with us. Our plan is to use the facility for our existing fleet maintenance program but also carry on the boat building with a new range of cruisers coming soon!
We are looking for a new team of boat builders to work alongside our small team, great rates of pay and benefits are available for the right applicants, if you or you know anyone interested please drop us a quick email with a brief description of capabilities to broadsboating@outlook.com to arrange a chat!
Here's to the future!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I was under the impression from previous information that the NYA were going to develop the moorings to suit  their boat brokerage business and that a third party would would be sought to use the buildings for other suitable uses. I am not sure from information available so far that there will be an active boat hire business operating from the yard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm also hoping that perhaps there will eventually be a new hire business on the southern side although it doesn't mention that. My impression from what I have read of their first season running out of Acle has been that they care about good customer service. So it will be nice to see if they can grow and I am interested to see what their new builds turn out to be like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I'm also hoping that perhaps there will eventually be a new hire business on the southern side although it doesn't mention that. My impression from what I have read of their first season running out of Acle has been that they care about good customer service. So it will be nice to see if they can grow and I am interested to see what their new builds turn out to be like.

There are  a lot of moulds in that yard still not sure if its part of the deal but they are definatly there or were last Friday .

For those with big tanks based in the Brundall area there is also the NYA fuel club. You pay an annual membership fee and get issued with a fob. You can then fill up 24hrs a day using the fob and get a highly reduced rate. The pump is linked to the office for automatic billing and it is assumed that you will be declaring the 60/40 split. The membership fee is £250 per year, and I don't know the current discounted price, so have no idea how much you need to purchase to save money, but the 24hr availability is convenient.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grendel said:

That Might be a good solution for Robin, I would imagine you would have to be using hundreds of litres a year to recoup the cost of the membership though, mind you, that could just be a day trip for Robin.

Na you won't use that much fuel to bramerton and back :15_yum:

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

Na you won't use that much fuel to bramerton and back :15_yum:

I believe Robin has talked of the possibility of a trip to Holland, and certainly some fair weather trips to sea, so it could be worth researching, at least an email to Louise. I believe they also have a cruise in company club that does trips to places such as Southwold. Not sure if that is only open to people who have, or are thinking of buying from them, but again Louise is the person to contact.

https://www.nya.co.uk/fuel-club/

3 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I believe Robin has talked of the possibility of a trip to Holland, and certainly some fair weather trips to sea, so it could be worth researching, at least an email to Louise. I believe they also have a cruise in company club that does trips to places such as Southwold. Not sure if that is only open to people who have, or are thinking of buying from them, but again Louise is the person to contact.

https://www.nya.co.uk/fuel-club/

Oh if only you could guarantee the weather even in summer 

33 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

There's no boats in there Clive or at least there weren't on Friday .

chatting to James yesterday that is what I was told, perhaps in April when renewals come round or he has tidied up the place. 

7 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

chatting to James yesterday that is what I was told, perhaps in April when renewals come round or he has tidied up the place. 

Oh I see , n yes it does need a serious tidy up