Forty Seven Years Ago!

JennyMorgan

Perhaps it would've of been better than just "good" if you owned a Hillman Imp or something other than an A40. Mind you the A40 I had, had the best anti theft device at the time. When I got out I could just take the gear stick with me. You could even drive along and take it out of the floor.  Many a heart attack to my female companions. Well done !

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, wombat nee blownup said:

Perhaps it would've of been better than just "good" if you owned a Hillman Imp or something other than an A40. Mind you the A40 I had, had the best anti theft device at the time. When I got out I could just take the gear stick with me. You could even drive along and take it out of the floor.  Many a heart attack to my female companions. Well done !

I had an Imp, unknowingly I had bought it off one of the Gt Train Robbers, the papers had been forged, I suppose in a prison workshop. When I took for its MOT it was found that the bottom was rusted and just about ready to fall out and it could never have passed its previous test, plus the papers were not valid. I woz done! The joys of being a prison visitor, being taken advantage of, grrrr!

1 hour ago, eddybear said:

Congratulations On your 47th anniversary, we have only made 46 but funnily enough, also had a red Austen a 40 Just wish I had it now looking at the classic car prices.

Ours was only red because we had a friend who was a bodywork painter at our local coach builders, where buses tended to be a uniform London Transport red. Hand painted, with a brush, superb. Ours was eventually buried under the camp site at the Waveney River Centre. It was her mechanics that died, not her bodywork.