My old car had a whine to it.

Always when my Ex Wife was in it.

Gracie’s car would never wine - she’d have drunk it first! :default_hiding:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Women do not nag. . . . 

You’ve not met my wife, then!

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

They just point out what you're doing wrong . . . . . . .

She needn’t bother!  It doesn’t matter what I do and how I do it, I already know it’ll usually be wrong!

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

The term is ‘Nag Nav’  :default_rolleyes:

Hmmm.  Yep, that sounds familiar.  ‘Turn around when possible!’  Sat nag or sat nav amounts to much the same thing!

Doh!:default_coat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

You’ve not met my wife, then!

She needn’t bother!  It doesn’t matter what I do and how I do it, I already know it’ll usually be wrong!

Hmmm.  Yep, that sounds familiar.  ‘Turn around when possible!’  Sat nag or sat nav amounts to much the same thing!

Doh!:default_coat:

I take it that Debbie doesn’t read the forum? Graham doesn’t either, but if I even suggested some criticism in a post what’s the betting he’d suddenly become a member? His spidie sense (or whatever) would suddenly kick in.

So I’ll just stick with…

:default_icon_kiss:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You know us ladies could take offence at these remarks but we won't because everyone knows that women are better drivers. Okay, so a three point turn might turn into a ten point turn and when my friend Sarah parks her car, it takes at least 5 attempts, bless her. We do have fewer accidents, don't get into half as much road rage and know that the rear view mirror is for adjusting ones make up :default_norty: :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 4

Recently, while taking a flight we realized both pilot and co-pilot were women

My mate said he wouldn’t feel safe with two women in charge.”

I told him - How old fashioned and sexist his attitude was,

After all it wasn’t like either of the girls would have to reverse, or angle park the damned plane!

Griff

• Haha 2

Excuse me, but I don’t think I’m any less capable of doing a three point turn than the male species. Grace you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting such a thing.

There are some very dozy and incompetent female drivers (of cars) and some dozy and incompetent male drivers (of cars and boats).

Just waiting for the reactions…

:default_gbxhmm:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Excuse me, but I don’t think I’m any less capable of doing a three point turn than the male species....

There are some very dozy and incompetent female drivers (of cars) and some dozy and incompetent make drivers (of cars and boats).

Just waiting for the reactions

... and there are angry people of both genders that can't spell properly :default_coat:

• Haha 1

I always assume that every other driver is going to make the worst possible manoeuvrer at the worst possible time, that way I don't get caught out..

I always assume you are round the next corner    :default_rofl:     :default_norty:     :default_coat:

(Ooooohh, that was a bit brave eh?)

Griff

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Excuse me, but I don’t think I’m any less capable of doing a three point turn than the male species. Grace you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting such a thing.

Oh Helen, I do apologise, I didn't mean all female drivers, just my friend Sarah. She gets herself into a bit of a flap when parking a car or mooring a boat, especially if people are watching :facepalm:

I think there are good and bad in both sexes, their driving leaves a lot to be desired too in some cases :default_biggrin: x

(tongue firmly in cheek)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

I always assume that every other driver is going to make the worst possible manoeuvrer at the worst possible time, that way I don't get caught out..

I always assume you are round the next corner    :default_rofl:     :default_norty:     :default_coat:

(Ooooohh, that was a bit brave eh?)

Griff

that must explain the chaos I see on the road, if you are just around the next corner:default_rofl:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, grendel said:

I always assume that every other driver is going to make the worst possible manouver at the worst possible time, that way i dont get caught out..

I’ve been taught that - when I took my HGV Licence in 1978 and again when I took a motorcycle training course in 1982.  Assume that every other driver on the road is trying to kill you and drive/ride accordingly.

If you read Roadcraft or Motorcycle Roadcraft, it’s called defensive driving.  

16 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Yes ladies do have fewer accidents , they see hundreds though ???

Only if the rearview mirror is not still on makeup settings

Mouldy is exactly what my father taught me when I first started driving but I think he put it more succinctly.

" Just remember son, everyone else on the road is an idiot just treat them that way"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bikertov said:

... and there are angry people of both genders that can't spell properly :default_coat:

Oops, predictive text strikes again. It is obviously male and didn't like what I was typing.:default_coat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

That was awkward.

MrsG's Q5 offside front headlamp has somehow got condensation and large water droplets in it.

Not a big problem methinks, I'll just whip out the headlamp assembly, remove the lamps get it dried out inspect for a water ingress point then refit, job will be a gudden - Wrong -

Could I eckers like get the headlamp out, I could get it loose and moving but not out.  Resorted to youtube - not a jot on headlamp removal on a 2018 Q5.

Then I remembered a trick I've used before.  Removing the only lamp I could get to (Just) with the assembly in place then via Henry hoover with a flexible hose attached managed to get the hose inside the unit to suck most of the droplets out but not enough and not the condensation, so it was out with MrsG's hairdryer warming up the exterior lens of the lamp whilst keeping the hoover sucking from the inside.  Took ages but jobs a gudden.  Never did find out how to remove the headlamp assembly

Griff

• Like 2