I Know Some Are Not 'footie' Fans, But.....

Poppy

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

I was walking Macie dog t'other night in our local park (Plenty of poop bags as normal) when I came across THREE Liverpool fans playing football with a hedgehog.

I was outraged, just about to phone the RSPCA when

The Hedgehog went 1-0 up

Griff

Put a Barcelona shirt on it, then it won't matter how many it scores, we;ll still beat it.

• Haha 2

On 16/05/2019 at 23:08, BroadAmbition said:

We purchased a new replacement tv for our conservatory.  I wanted to settle down and watch the play offs on it.

Only I couldn't

No Leeds

Griff

and now no Donny either.....

Comiserations, always tough losing any game on pens

Man city what a team,hard for me to say that as a Chelsea fan,but city winning all three domestic cups.Watford played quite well first half.City players had a  nice touch today,they provided free coaches to city fans,travelling to  the match.Yes these players have lots of money, still nice of them to do so.

• Like 3

On 18/05/2019 at 19:28, Chelsea14Ian said:

Man city what a team,hard for me to say that as a Chelsea fan,but city winning all three domestic cups.Watford played quite well first half.City players had a  nice touch today,they provided free coaches to city fans,travelling to  the match.Yes these players have lots of money, still nice of them to do so.

Its been a mad season and as an old school City fan I find myself watching in amazement sometimes at the football being played. I can now chill out after 2 pretty full on weekends!  We passed a load of the coaches on Saturday on the way down...it was a nice gesture :91_thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

What`s the champions league, is that a series where every British Superbike champion still racing can compete?.  Unfortunately Shakey Byrne won`t be able to compete because of injuries sustained last year. Also, Leon Haslam can`t compete because of his World Superbike commitments.

• Haha 1

The start was the worst possible for the game, an early Liverpool lead meant they could sit and break, which they tried to do. It was a match played between two sides that looked, as Jurgen Klopp aluded to like they were simply out of fuel after long hard premier league seasons. Then a three week break between the end of the season and this game hasn't helped. But what do I care, big ears number six is heading to Anfield, where it belongs. It's been an ironic season in many ways. Manchester City won the trophy Liverpool really need, the Premier League. Liverpool won the trophy that Manchester City need, in the European Cup. Winning the Champions League was City's stated aim at the start of the season. It's what Guardiola was bought to the club to do  For all City's achievements, and all the money spent they cannot sit at Europe's top table until that trophy sits in their cabinet. Meanwhile they gaze up the East Lancs Road and watch their closest rivals add another to their already bulging trophy room.

Congratulations to Liverpool ... and I'm sure it was a great night for their fans. One of the lads I work with was so excited to be going to the match as he has been following them all over Europe this season.

• 2 months later...

So...

Just 25 hours left before The Canaries kick off the Premier League season away to the Champions Of Europe.

I'm wondering if Mrs V is up for a bet on her team against me and mine? :default_smiley-angelic002:

With the obvious exceptions of 2 games (and any cup meetings of course) all the best for the upcoming season, I'd not watch tomorrow however if I was you :default_biggrin:

Of course the football season actually started last weekend for those in the lower divisions! 

Good luck to everyone’s teams for the season ahead. I know how passionately the faithful follow their chosen ones. We’ve been at the caravan Sunday to Friday this week so that hubby could get to the first two matches of the season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Of course the football season actually started last weekend for those in the lower divisions! 

Of course it did Mrs SR, and as you say good luck to everyone's teams outside of the Premier League unless they play my beloved European Champions :default_biggrin:

I'm just interested in if Mrs V is as confident leading up to playing the Champions Of Europe as she seemed to be at the end of last season.......or maybe, just maybe, I'm on the wind up once again :default_biggrin:

It's fun when people don't take things said so seriously, or the wrong way and get angry, so come in Mrs V........ put your money where your mouth was :default_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

J just remember sometimes teams promoted can at times cause a upset!

They sure can, but I'm just so confident Mrs V won't be very talkative tomorrow night though :default_hiding:

:default_biggrin:

Good morning Cap’n. I think the Canaries will need time to settle back into the PL and, joking apart, I do believe they will prove capable of good things this season. We’ll see anyway. I know what a wind-up merchant you are and that’s very often the way of people who support the top teams.:default_norty: I certainly won’t be disappointed if NC lose tonight, to be honest I will be amazed if they can manage a draw! I hope to be listening in later, depends where I am. Good luck to both teams. 😁

• Like 1